Pixel 6P turns itself on in my pocket and changes things

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
When my phone is in my pocket upside down with a screen facing towards my leg it is constantly turning the screen on and turning on the flashlight, turning on airplane mode, changing all the settings, etc. If I don't notice this right away, it'll burn through the battery until I realize that my phone is heating up in my pocket and stop it. This is ridiculous. It didn't seem to start doing this until a few months ago. I have the Increased Screen Sensitivity for Screen Protectors turned off. Doesn't the sensor know it's in my pocket and disable anything that would turn the screen on??
Is disabling the Tap to Wake the only solution? Seemed to even happen with the Lock Screen enabled.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Is disabling the Tap to Wake the only solution? Seemed to even happen with the Lock Screen enabled.
Disabling Tap to Wake may solve your immediate problem, but it is not the issue. If the phone gets jostled and falsely detects a touch, it would just momentarily turn on and not get past the lock screen. It sounds like you have gestures turned on? I ride a motorcycle, and this is the exact reason I have gestures turned off. My phone was always turning on and doing random things.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me on occasion if I am moving around a lot at work. The solution that has worked for me is to use the lockdown function from the power menu. Maybe not a permanent solution, but works for me when I expect this may happen.

Edited to add that I also have Smart Lock enabled to my Pixel Watch so that is the reason I believe that mine does this without requiring the fingerprint or lock screen code.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
My solution was to line the pocket with a section of an old mouse mat.

Stops my throbbing, glistening thigh muscle activating the screen through the thin pocket liner fabric.

• Haha

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure I'm not the norm (go ahead, take your shots lol) but I've always put my phones in my pocket right side up, screen facing out, so that my rippling thigh wouldn't accidentally trigger my screen 😉 I think I only had an issue one time with one phone, my Moto X Pure Edition. And I've never broken a screen 👍

Keep in mind those rippling, rock hard thighs can get you in trouble...........

with your phone 😂 keep those minds out of the gutter 😄😜

Reactions: FF22

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Disabling Tap to Wake may solve your immediate problem, but it is not the issue. If the phone gets jostled and falsely detects a touch, it would just momentarily turn on and not get past the lock screen. It sounds like you have gestures turned on? I ride a motorcycle, and this is the exact reason I have gestures turned off. My phone was always turning on and doing random things. Gestures has always been disabled.

The thing is, this never used to happen. Now it does. Worst thing is when it deleted random people from my Contacts list, turns off Location, or blocklists Favorites like my wife . It's like thephone is suddenly haunted

• Haha

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This should not be happening. Unfortunately, I can't walk you to a fix. I have noticed when my phone died not sense light, it turns off the AOD and tap to wake does not work until I tap the power button. I would say being in your pocket, your phone should go into this mode. Not sure if there is a setting that needs tucked for this... maybe sometime else can help with that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter