Should I root?

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I got the LG g3 and really love the phone. The screen size is great the phone works great. I'm really impressed.
The only thing I'm not so thrilled about is the battery life. I was hoping it would have been longer lasting. I was on YouTube and I saw a video how to significantly improve battery on the g3 and basically there is an app that would allow you to lower the resolution together 1080p the only thing is that the app requires root. Nowadays there are all of these 1 touch root applications but I'm a little nervous as I've never rooted any of my previous androids. What do I lose if I root and is there an easy way to unroot if I want to go back to original or need to get warranty service through Verizon?
Would appreciate your advice.

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes most one click roots have unroot buttons as well. and they are easy so its is kinda a win-win since G3 is basicly unbrickable. so if you want to root then do it!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes most one click roots have unroot buttons as well. and they are easy so its is kinda a win-win since G3 is basicly unbrickable. so if you want to root then do it!

How is it unbreakable? Rooting is rooting and always runs a risk.. The G3 isn't protected from bad things potentially happening.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
How is it unbreakable? Rooting is rooting and always runs a risk.. The G3 isn't protected from bad things potentially happening.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Sorry but i mean its less likely to brick then something like samsungs or htcs since the bootloader isn,t as protected and hard to brick. ;)

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Bad things can happen with any device when it comes to rooting and unrooting.

As far as I know there is no one click unroot for the g3, it requires using LG flash tool to return to stock. I unrooted mine with this method.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Bad things can happen with any device when it comes to rooting and unrooting.

As far as I know there is no one click unroot for the g3, it requires using LG flash tool to return to stock. I unrooted mine with this method.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Theres no one click root for g3????

Well i dont have one so IDK all i know most one click roots have unroot as well.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Theres no one click root for g3????

Well i dont have one so IDK all i know most one click roots have unroot as well.

The G3's root method (IOROOT) is basically "one-click" after downloading the files and hooking it up to your pc with a cable. There's nothing fancy you have to do. A grade school child could follow the simple rooting method for this phone, IMO.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Would the "unroot" be as simple?
Thanks in advance for your input!

The G3's root method (IOROOT) is basically "one-click" after downloading the files and hooking it up to your pc with a cable. There's nothing fancy you have to do. A grade school child could follow the simple rooting method for this phone, IMO.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I got the LG g3 and really love the phone. The screen size is great the phone works great. I'm really impressed.
The only thing I'm not so thrilled about is the battery life. I was hoping it would have been longer lasting. I was on YouTube and I saw a video how to significantly improve battery on the g3 and basically there is an app that would allow you to lower the resolution together 1080p the only thing is that the app requires root. Nowadays there are all of these 1 touch root applications but I'm a little nervous as I've never rooted any of my previous androids. What do I lose if I root and is there an easy way to unroot if I want to go back to original or need to get warranty service through Verizon?
Would appreciate your advice.

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

The 1080p thing does not increase battery life. you still need to draw all the pixels and in that case you need to interpolate to get it to look correct.
Don't believe the hype.

The battery life is fine depending on what you do.
Rooting is a different issue.
I root all my phones to enable tethering and to stop updates until I want them.

drjoop

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The short answer is no. Sometimes it's unclear specifically which versions of drivers and software are correct. I rooted my G3 using the stump root (brute force) as the Verizon version does not have an unlocked bootloader. It's much easier to do these things when your bootloader is unlocked. I'm a Mac user and I found out that I could not restore my phone using a Mac. The only PC I had at home is running Vista... and there were some issues with that. Anyway it may not be as simple as it looks but yes it can be done. Oh and I would definitely not recommended using the stump root method for your g3. After using stump root, my phone was constantly shutting off randomly and overheating so I definitely would not recommend it. I have rooted two G1's, a Nexus One, and jailbroke and unlocked two iPhones... Getting my G3 back to stock was more time consuming than any of those. The advantage of having root is basically more options. However it also is easier to accidentally screw something up and have to start over... make sure you have going back out and know how to get your phone back. Struggling through the things the first couple of times is a very good way to learn. I am assuming since you're on this farm that you have some basic knowledge. Which probably should be enough to get you started

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't know why you would root. My battery life is brilliant. Been watching live sport, emailing, really heavy usage. 7am charged, now 15.38, still 57% left on my battery. I wouldn't chance root because chance of bricking it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89