Screen staying on even with a screen timeout on?

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I've found my phone staying on after 30 seconds when it should "sleep". Both while charge and not. Anyone have an idea as to why?

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this while the phone is on the homescreen, or has an app open? Some apps will hold the device awake while the app is active--like e-reader or video player apps, for example.

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Is this while the phone is on the homescreen, or has an app open? Some apps will hold the device awake while the app is active--like e-reader or video player apps, for example.

On the home screen

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you double checked the screen timeout in Settings/display. Also Settings/general/ check battery and apps. In battery touch the battery discharging to see what has been using power and under apps check running to see what is open. Possibly an app open in the background also check under display to see if face detection or daydream is on. Also have you tried turning the phone off and back on.

Steve/Boanerges Performance

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you enabled Developer Options? If so, check in there to ensure that "Stay Awake" isn't enabled. That could be why it doesn't shutoff when you are plugged in.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
If happened to me a few days ago too. I put it to sleep using the power button and no problems afterwards.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you double checked the screen timeout in Settings/display. Also Settings/general/ check battery and apps. In battery touch the battery discharging to see what has been using power and under apps check running to see what is open. Possibly an app open in the background also check under display to see if face detection or daydream is on. Also have you tried turning the phone off and back on.

Steve/Boanerges Performance

Checmed all of that and everything is off. No apps are running. It's usually when I'm charging it.

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you enabled Developer Options? If so, check in there to ensure that "Stay Awake" isn't enabled. That could be why it doesn't shutoff when you are plugged in.

That's what it was! Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Didn't you say that the screen was also staying on even when not on charger? I didn't think that setting would affect the screen if it was off charger.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Didn't you say that the screen was also staying on even when not on charger? I didn't think that setting would affect the screen if it was off charger.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Yes I did. I checked while it was off the charger and it didn't stay on so hopefully it was just that day.

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
My screen will stay on if I use a cheap charger and makes that connection beep noise every 10 seconds. If I use the charger the phone came with I have no issues of it staying on.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38