Home screen keeps redwaring itself and phone is force quitting every single app in the background im

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
That was 12h ago, I can't bear the suspense. Have you fixed it?

Posted via Android Central App

Well.

It got a very little bit better - just noticeably. Nothing serious. Now I can have not one but 2 apps running at the same time. :(
Still 2x than before. :) And less than only half compared to my dad's 2 years old 199$ Huawei phone. :( But for example switching to messages from this forum app closes the forum and when I'm done with the message and come back to the forum it has to reopen completely.

I switched to nova and I didn't had any redrawn so far - so that kinda solved.

I posted to the XDA and the only response was that the G3 is a memory eater phone.
So with that phone I think that's all I can get. That's really disappointing - again.
I feel the only way to solve this to sell my phone and get 3/32.

I don't even know why would LG release a phone that only can run one single app at a time and lie that it's optimized for 2gb. Why couldn't they just release the 3/32 without fooling people? If I would have known this I wouldn't have any problem now and I would be the the happiest person ever.

Duck my life.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the 2/16 vs the 3/32, I came across this which I thought might interest you, unless you've read already:

http://www.stuff.tv/g3/lg-g3-benchmarks-show-little-difference-between-2gb-and-3gb-editions/news

Yeh its hard not to vent frustration Wikh, keep in mind though that not all devices are effected. I run multiple apps and its fine (also 2/16gb)

I again am shocked that you have stuck it out and not returned for a replacement?

But then again I have an annoying issue in that the slightest touch of the connection when headphones are plugged in, it skips or pauses or runs voice mate.

I should return but a lot of hassle and I can live with it until a fix is released if enough people have the same issue. Otherwise i may just have to deal with it..

Posted via the Android Central App

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Okay. I'm not sure why but I noticed another slight difference. Now I have five apps running at the same time - I was switching between them (every 2-3 sec) back and forth and everything was running without closing - except for line: one time it reloaded but since I switched like 20-40 times so its not really an issue.

I kept the phone for multiple reasons. One of that is I'm going back for school to another country within 2 days and I could only have warranty fix or exchange. It takes a lot of time and a lot of energy (we don't have the easy going and customer oriented mentality here... They almost hung the phone on me when I asked why I didn't received earphones with the phone in the package when everywhere else they give you one) - ain't nobody got time for that. :D And I would be without any smartphone for 2 months!

Another thing is that it's not always a fix for the problem. I think 70-80% of the return reasons are actually bull**** and won't help or fix anything. By reading the topics here I noticed that was the answer for everything even when it didn't made any sense. Of course it's free and the seller has responsibility but still... :)

Attachments

• 1408925108676.jpg
    1408925108676.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 16

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
This is my only issue with the phone. Looking to buy wireless bluetooth headphones. I run several times a week and this is very annoying uploadfromtaptalk1408977947309.jpg

sent from my LG G3

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I passed my 16/2 version today and got a 32/3! I was weak. :D Even though I didn't planned to put away money for this.
It was around 120-135$ plus the money I got for the last one. I don't regret it (also for some reason I got v10i update - I only had v10g on the last one).
The difference is really-really big. I feel like I have a phone from the next generation - more than 10 apps and games and everything is running and even the keyboard loads faster! Yay.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Wikh, I admire your determined attempts to fix your first phone. I was not aware of the difficulties you were having because of where you live. I wish you every success and happiness with your new device, as I'm sure everyone here does. You deserve!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I passed my 16/2 version today and got a 32/3! I was weak. :D Even though I didn't planned to put away money for this.
It was around 120-135$ plus the money I got for the last one. I don't regret it (also for some reason I got v10i update - I only had v10g on the last one).
The difference is really-really big. I feel like I have a phone from the next generation - more than 10 apps and games and everything is running and even the keyboard loads faster! Yay.

I sense the huge relief and now you can enjoy the G3 :)

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Wikh, I admire your determined attempts to fix your first phone. I was not aware of the difficulties you were having because of where you live. I wish you every success and happiness with your new device, as I'm sure everyone here does. You deserve!

Well I consider it as a half success - I kinda fixed what I can. :)
Thank you! I'm enjoying it now - I run as many apps as the multi task window can display and I can't be happier!

And I don't have to wait every 4-5 minutes for the forum to reopen now - never closes. :) Yay!

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I sense the huge relief and now you can enjoy the G3 :)

Absolutely! I'm so happy for now can't even tell. Thank you for the support. :)

I may still have a round with the warranty in October when I come back for a holiday - found a tiny-tiny dust under the screen (bottom middle). You can only notice it when the brightness is above 80% and the screen is white (can't see it with the keyboard on the screen) - but still. It could be a valid reason to ask warranty. But it's literally nothing compared to the memory problem. :D

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely! I'm so happy for now can't even tell. Thank you for the support. :)

I may still have a round with the warranty in October when I come back for a holiday - found a tiny-tiny dust under the screen (bottom middle). You can only notice it when the brightness is above 80% and the screen is white (can't see it with the keyboard on the screen) - but still. It could be a valid reason to ask warranty. But it's literally nothing compared to the memory problem. :D

I think your just being picky now wikh lol

Enjoy and happy for you :)