Best way to unroot LG G3?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok a few questions:
Where does one find the LG Flash Tool if needed?
Once rooted, how do I remove CarrierIQ. It has a weird folder/filename, doesn't it?

TheFoundingFather

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I did this and it will still not let me receive OTA updates. It says that my device is suspected in rooting. A couple of the files associated with busybox are still installed and ES File Explorer won't let me erase them. I can't flash it because i don't have a PC, only a mac. I'm not sure if it's those files or if there was a root counter that was tripped and Superuser didn't reset it. If anyone knows how to remedy this help would be greatly appreciated.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Depending on what you did while rooted will affect how well SuperSU will unroot.

spartanguy's method is full proof, however.

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Because when you mess with root, a lot of things are affected and without a full wipe of those partitions, you may comes across errors that you can't pinpoint the root cause of, other than a non-pure system partition.

On XDA it says it's perfectly good and it unmodifies any changes made if you're on the stock rom, which I am. I've not really messed that much mainly theming changes and a few shortcuts here and there.