Accessing SD card

Capt19

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app or widget or something in settings or any other way to access videos, movies, photos on my SD card?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to access them without any special settings. Are you sure the SD card is mounted, and the phone detects it? Go to Settings>Storage, and make sure the external SD card shows up. If so, use a good file manager app like ES File Explorer to see if you can access the files there.

Capt19

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I really must be missing something because in the settings / storage it shows the SD card has approximately 10g storage left but after downloading the es file explorer then going to that it has no file with the 6 movies I downloaded. If I go to my Flixter app into "the movies I own" it shows the 6 movies that I downloaded onto the SD card are in fact on the SD card.

Last edited:

Capt19

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
When I access the es file explorer and go to the external_SD (6.03/14.83) here's what follows :
Storage>External SD
Android
Data
net. Flixter. Android
Files
WV
There are 6 mp4 files but are unplayable with any methods Es Media Player, Photos, or Video player.
When I go to my Flixter app all 6 movies that I own and downloaded on the SD card are playable through the Flixter app but not through the es file explorer or through the LG file manager.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may be that the movies can only be played by the Flixster app. Perhaps it's a way for them to prevent movie sharing.

The Real AlReed

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
It's a kit Kat thing. New policy from Android that doesn't permit third party access to the SD. I am struggling with it myself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Capt19

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried 4 different vlc players, through Google Play Store, and only 1 accessed my SD card but wouldn't play any of the movies on the SD card.