Battery drain problems on LG G3?

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on but all of a sudden my battery is dying quickly. It's mid day and I'm under 50% brightness is low all day. Not on my phone that much either cuz I teach. Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Attachments

• 1410809955646.jpg
    1410809955646.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 257

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery drain on LG G3

Obviously something is misbehaving and needs correction... It could be a recent app install?

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

If you haven't already, shut the phone off, leave it off for a minute, then power it back up. See if that resolves it.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure. The only new app I have is chomp sms

I don't think chomp SMS would be the cause, your android system sits at 19% whilst mine stays between 8-9%. I'm not to sure what could be the root cause.

But the AC Guru's will arrive and offer more substantial input I'm sure :)

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm in a poor signal area (my building at work) so I'm forced to turn off data completely or else by 3:30 pm when I leave, the phone is nearly dead.

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

I don't think chomp SMS would be the cause, your android system sits at 19% whilst mine stays between 8-9%. I'm not to sure what could be the root cause.

But the AC Guru's will arrive and offer more substantial input I'm sure :)

That would be unfortunate if it was the problem lol I like chompsms :(

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

That would be unfortunate if it was the problem lol I like chompsms :(

I very much doubt, but its very possible or like murph bad signal can drain also.

It could be a few things that are the root cause...

Hope fellow users chip in and help a damsel in distress :p

dglock

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Try putting gsam battery monitor free at playstore it will tell u what is draning your battery something in your android system is way to high should be like 10% when battery is almost dead

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Would you recommend letting it die and then doing that or no?

Like meyerweb says, power off the phone and restart it. If this is a "one of" event and not something that happens continually, a restart will usually clear up the issue. It's probably just an app gone wild or a hung up process causing the battery drain, a restart should correct it. Just monitor your battery usage afterwards, if the problem persists then it may require a more thorough look.

jhong1226

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm in a poor signal area (my building at work) so I'm forced to turn off data completely or else by 3:30 pm when I leave, the phone is nearly dead.

There's an app called auto data which turns off the data 15min after screen is turned off then turns it on every 20 min for 1 min. When the screen is on it will turn data on.
I might have seen it on a different forum but can't remember where exactly.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
OP: I agree with the Power Off and Restart mentioned by others here, as a first resort. I've had this problem myself as I suppose we all have. In my case I charge to full in the evening and unplug. The drains always occur for me overnight. Perhaps you leave your charger plugged in overnight?...in which case the drain for you would occur during the day.

Posted via Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Take a look at your location settings. These services are included in Android System.

As Murphy said bad signal drains a lot and even more if location services are working through mobile data.

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

OP: I agree with the Power Off and Restart mentioned by others here, as a first resort. I've had this problem myself as I suppose we all have. In my case I charge to full in the evening and unplug. The drains always occur for me overnight. Perhaps you leave your charger plugged in overnight?...in which case the drain for you would occur during the day.

Yes I plug it in before I go to sleep. Never knew that was a bad thing. Because when I wake up, it's at 100% lol

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Would you recommend letting it die and then doing that or no?

No. You just want to shut it down so that any processes that are running out of the control get stopped. You probably don't even need to wait for a minute, but that will make sure that everything has stopped.

Yes I plug it in before I go to sleep. Never knew that was a bad thing. Because when I wake up, it's at 100% lol

It's not a bad thing. The phone won't over charge.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

The battery has overcharge protection so it wont overcharge.
I usually leave it on the charger overnight.
There is more to the Android system than any apps you download.
Something like CIQ (Carrier IQ) runs constantly.
Lots of other things running in the background that the stock battery stats will not show.
Lots of people always recommend Gsam battery but there are other ones that are good.
This is also a good one, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.rootuninstaller.bstats&token=N74N1i5I
It would help if you are rooted to get some apps to help with runaway apps.
Also in the developer settings there is another battery stats area called something like "geeky stats"
This shows more of what is using the battery.
If you haven't already find out how to get developer settings activated.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

These are the mysteries of Android phones. I've had a Galaxy Nexus, A Galaxy S3, an LG G2 and now a G3. I've had days like this with EVERY phone I've owned (except the G3 - haven't had it long enough yet), days where you will get an unexpected battery drain.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

No, as meyerweb says it's not a bad thing but if the battery drain is only noticeable after we stop charging, I would notice in the morning, while your phone will presumably keep topping up any drain in the night and you will only notice the drain after having unplugged and are several hours into the day.

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Just an update. Im having a replacement sent to me because today it got really hot twice. I took the battery out to cool down and restarted. I also deleted my newest app to see if that was the problem which didn't seem like the problem since it continued to overheat and have battery drain :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs