Why am I gett the error message on my Google Keyboard causes Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped?

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Google Keyboard causes "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" error

Anyone get this error on boot up every time? I do and I'm wondering if I should return the phone since today is my last day. Any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re: Google Keyboard causes "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" error

Welcome to Android Central! You're not rooted, right? I wouldn't waste any time, then, and bring it to the store for a replacement.

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
re: Google Keyboard causes "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" error

I get this message. It happened after i messed around with hidden dialer menu settings. Not sure what the message means but it doesnt affect anything on your phone. I dont care about it but if it annoys you then return it i guess.

Posted via the LG G3

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

A factory reset would be recommended over returning. A return would just waste money and time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

But if the OP's replacement window at the store is closing, wouldn't it be a good idea to get that replacement? If the factory reset doesn't help, and if the phone can't be replaced quickly at the store, then the OP would probably have to deal directly with LG, which might take a lot longer.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

But if the OP's replacement window at the store is closing, wouldn't it be a good idea to get that replacement? If the factory reset doesn't help, and if the phone can't be replaced quickly at the store, then the OP would probably have to deal directly with LG, which might take a lot longer.

I think what he was saying was to try the factory reset first because it may be a simple fix, before going ahead and returning it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Right, but what if the factory reset only cleared things up temporarily? The OP only has one day left in his return window.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

No it's an app that you recently just added or updated.

I had that exact same error the other week, and I traced it to the Google Keyboard that I downloaded. Either it was a bad download or the app was hosed.

I uninstalled it and the error went away. So no need to factory reset the phone, just try to trace what app you installed recently.

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

Yep it was the Google keyboard. Went back to LG keyboard and error on boot up is gone. Google needs to fix this!