Bootloader unlock, finally!!!

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully incoming ROMs will preserve the tap to wake/sleep functionality. That'd probably be the one thing I'd miss the most.

Edit: Also, I'll probably wait for the ROMs to roll in before partaking in this endeavor.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I've already downloaded it and set it up via the Terminal Emulator. You can boot directly into TWRP from the 4-way reboot menu from G3TweaksBox!

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I've already downloaded it and set it up via the Terminal Emulator. You can boot directly into TWRP from the 4-way reboot menu from G3TweaksBox!

Excellent. So I don't have to use my computer then! I'm just waiting for Roms before I root.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully incoming ROMs will preserve the tap to wake/sleep functionality. That'd probably be the one thing I'd miss the most.

I have a T-Mobile G3... which was unlocked out of the box... there are a few test ROMs out there and at least one of them has the dt2w function working in the kernel they built into the ROM. I'm sure that most, if not all, will end up including that feature. The tap to sleep won't be much of an issue either.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile G3... which was unlocked out of the box... there are a few test ROMs out there and at least one of them has the dt2w function working in the kernel they built into the ROM. I'm sure that most, if not all, will end up including that feature. The tap to sleep won't be much of an issue either.

That's very good to hear. Thanks for the info.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

DT2W is built into the kernel, so as long as you use the stock, or stock-based, kernel, that should work. Double tap to turn off the screen is in the stock launcher, and doesn't work even with the stock ROM and Nova launcher or GEL. But you can simulate it with Nova.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
what will this do. just make your phone so you can put roms on it or is it extra settings thanks.

By itself is doesn't add any extra settings, other than being able to do a nandroid (full image backup) of your device. But it opens up the phone to custom ROMs, the ability to flash various kinds of patches and mods that can add extra settings or capabilities, improve performance and more.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the terminal emulator. So easy to mess something up with Flashify if you're not paying attention.

Posted via AT&T LG G3.

It was easy just down load the correct file, download flashify, open flashify select recovery and then your file, flash & job done :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty