I'm losing signal/bars when holding the phone by the bottom

pswnio

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i'm a recent owner of an unlocked European LG G3 D855. I noticed that when i'm picking up the phone to do something the signal drops significantly. If i leave it on the table, the signal bars raise. The problem seems to happen only when holding the phone by the back-bottom part. Anyone else having the same problem? With my previous phone i had 3G signal with 3 bars and now with the LG i have 1 bar 3G signal and when holding it drops to EDGE.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the G3 forum.☺

That is odd. I'm reminded of another forum member who found an improvement in signal after fitting a case, for goodness sake.
Does the effect you describe occur when someone else holds the phone?

I believe that the radio antenna is at the bottom of the phone?

Edit, later. This shows the antenna placements:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8169/the-lg-g3-review/9

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That is strange; I can hold mine anywhere and the signal does not change a bit. I even covered the bottom half of the phone with both hands and no change.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
That is strange; I can hold mine anywhere and the signal does not change a bit. I even covered the bottom half of the phone with both hands and no change.

Yeh got me doing it aswel, is this a joke thread? lol but no change to signal.

Posted via the Android Central App

pswnio

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I know that this shouldn't happen. Also i tried my sim on my sister's LG G2 Mini and the signal was way better and no signal loss! Should i send it to LG service?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oddly, there does seem to be some fluctuation of the signal bars when I put my hand over the bottom of the phone. At the moment I'm getting five bars but perhaps it's only just five, and the hand is enough to make a difference. Sometimes seems to work the other way though.
(Also, I've just spilt tea down the front of my shirt. Clean on an hour ago, too. I can tell you, I'm not washing that b*****d again till I've had a day's wear out of it. Thank goodness it wasn't the G3 that got tea'd.)

Posted via Android Central App