Are you using a different keyboard on your G3? Have anyone tried the flesky keyboard ?

Darkdeckard

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I use the default keyboard, it seems quite good. And I know this kind of app consumes a lot of internal storage (50MB or more) like Swype, so I prefer LG keyboard

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey for a while now. It does some things that drive me crazy from time to time, like sometimes the swyping predictions are pretty terrible. But for the most part it works well for me. I also like how I can minimize to one side of the phone or the other for better one handed use. I think the stock keyboard can do that too though. Probably the biggest thing I like about it is how easily it learns words and then it stores them and can sync them across devices. Plus I'm so used to holding down the delete key to delete a word at time that it drives me crazy when I use other keyboards.

leannelizabeth1

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I love Google Keyboard. It is the best keyboard for me. I have used SwiftKey but keep going back to Google Keyboard. It's all personal preference.

Posted via the Android Central App

TJWINS

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I side loaded the Lollipop keyboard which is the google keyboard and I love it. I've tried several but always come back to google keyboard because when using swipe you can see the word you are typing so you can fine tune your thumb position to get the right word before you release your thumb. This is very convenient when using one handed operation.

RSindian

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using TouchPal X keyboard. I find the predictions in swiping and touch typing great and it has never lagged for me.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I think I've used them all. The stock keyboard is okay. I keep going back to Swiftkey though. It's the most fluid and fastest for me with minimal mistakes.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the version with the separated number keys:

View attachment 144635

But yeah, Google keyboard is the only way to go for me.

I don't like the separated numbers for two reasons:

It eats up too much extra screen space.
It looks less sophisticated. but at least it retains that "clean" look I long for.

We can both agree on the Google Keyboard being the best option.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the separated numbers for two reasons:

It eats up too much extra screen space.
It looks less sophisticated. but at least it retains that "clean" look I long for.

We can both agree on the Google Keyboard being the best option.

It takes up a bit more screen, but it's more functional so I don't care. Long pressing for the number sucks.

BTW: what size do you have your nav bar set at on tweakbox?

Posted via G3 on the Android Central App

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've used swiftkey for years but seen where the amazon app store has a.i. type keyboard for free thru tomorrow so I'm giving it some run

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It takes up a bit more screen, but it's more functional so I don't care. Long pressing for the number sucks.

BTW: what size do you have your nav bar set at on tweakbox?

I am using 36dp in both landscape and portrait for the status bar. I feel like it's the perfect height.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez