Somehow messed up my camera settings

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
A week or so ago I went to a concert and took a few pictures. When I got home and downloaded them to my computer they were huge. I had to use Ifranview to reduce them down to get the blurriness out of them. So I looked into the camera settings and thought if I reduced the size down from 13MB to 9MB it would help. It didn't do much except now in the gallery on the phone the pictures are much smaller and letter boxed with the two big black bars on each side. So I went back into settings and changed back to 13MB from 9MB and took a test picture but it's still small and letter boxed.

What could I have done wrong in changing those settings and how do I get it back to where the pictures are full screen on the phone? I'll just deal with reducing them on the computer like I did before.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a setting for 16:9 vs 4:3 aspect ratio? I don't have an LG3 but in my Note 4 (and the other Sammy phones I've owned before) there's a ratio indicator next to the resolution you're selecting, letting you know if that resolution will take pictures 'full screen' in 16:9 or letter-boxed in 4:3.

Another possibility is that you might be using a different mode? Panorama perhaps?

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
The settings for picture size are megapixels, not MB, but whatever option you choose, the pics will be huge on your computer screen. BTW, Ifranview has a setting to "fit big images to window" under view -> display options.

Anyway, the G3 has settings for 3, 9, and 13 megapixel pictures and these will all be 4:3 ratio. There is 10M option that is 16:9. Pictures taken at 4:3 (3, 6, 9M) will have the black bars on the sides and pictures at 10M will fill the screen of your phone. If you use the fit image option in Ifranview, the pictures should look fine on the computer without physically resizing them.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there a setting for 16:9 vs 4:3 aspect ratio? I don't have an LG3 but in my Note 4 (and the other Sammy phones I've owned before) there's a ratio indicator next to the resolution you're selecting, letting you know if that resolution will take pictures 'full screen' in 16:9 or letter-boxed in 4:3.

Another possibility is that you might be using a different mode? Panorama perhaps?

I don't see anything indicating an aspect ratio. Just the settings for the different megapixels along with how big the pictures are.

The settings for picture size are megapixels, not MB, but whatever option you choose, the pics will be huge on your computer screen. BTW, Ifranview has a setting to "fit big images to window" under view -> display options.

Anyway, the G3 has settings for 3, 9, and 13 megapixel pictures and these will all be 4:3 ratio. There is 10M option that is 16:9. Pictures taken at 4:3 (3, 6, 9M) will have the black bars on the sides and pictures at 10M will fill the screen of your phone. If you use the fit image option in Ifranview, the pictures should look fine on the computer without physically resizing them.

Ok thanks for explaining the corresponding aspect ratios for each megapixel setting. I switched it back to 10MP and they are back like they are supposed to be. When I get home tonight I will go back into Ifranview and try that fit to screen to see what that looks like.