How do I shut down my phone?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: how to shut down

Do you mean turn off the phone, or turn off the screen?

To turn off the screen, just double tap on a blank area of a home screen. (Not where's there's an icon or widget.) This only works with the stock launcher unless you use extra software.

If you truly mean turn the phone off, you can't. You have to use the power button.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Do you mean turn off the phone, or turn off the screen?

To turn off the screen, just double tap on a blank area of a home screen. (Not where's there's an icon or widget.) This only works with the stock launcher unless you use extra software.

If you truly mean turn the phone off, you can't. You have to use the power button.

I think the OP was pretty clear "How do I shut down my LG G3 "

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Setup a shortcut to power menu in G3TweaksBox application (root required) to long-press the Home Buttom on the Nav-Bar. This will give you the power menu to power off/reboot, etc.

I don't even use my power button anymore.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

sorry i did not make myself clear.That is what I want,just be able to double tap on the home screen
but when I do it does not work,it does not turn the screen off.I don't know what the stock launcher is.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The launcher is the app that creates the homescreen and app drawer. The stock one is the one that came with the phone (not Nova, Apex, etc.)

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site

sorry i did not make myself clear.That is what I want,just be able to double tap on the home screen
but when I do it does not work,it does not turn the screen off.I don't know what the stock launcher is.

If you are unfamiliar with launchers then you are likely using the stock one, and as mentioned, double-tap any area of the screen that doesn't have widgets or icons (an area with just the background image). If by chance you are using a 3rd-party launcher, double-tap the notification bar to achieve the same affect.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I think the OP was pretty clear "How do I shut down my LG G3 "

You may think he was clear, but apparently you were wrong. English isn't everyone's first language, and even those who do speak English as a first language may not understand all the same terminology as those who frequent tech forums.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I got it now! thank you all,you are right some of the terminology used is very unfamiliar to some of us.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89