G3 Power button always on.

marius00

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
My G3 fell into water. I fished it out quickly and removed the battery. After it was completely dismantled and dried I turned it on and it worked booted as normal.

Except now the power button is always on. When I disconnect the power button assembly and connect just the battery, the phone still turns on by itself as if power button is pressed.

When it boots up into the OS the Options menu keeps coming up with restart phone option. All symptoms of power button being on. Even when its not connected.

Obviously warranty is out of question as all dots are now red due to water. An I have no insurance. So what to do? Is there a way to fix it? Throw it in the bin and buy another?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So are you saying that even with the power button completely disconnected, the phone still acts as if it's being pressed?

If so, I suspect the mainboard will need to be replaced, but I'm no expert on the internals of this particular device. There are independent repair shops that might be able to give you an idea of what needs to be done, and the cost:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cell phone repair

(Do a Google search yourself, to see if there are any local shops).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer