Just ordered!

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded to a LG G3 from a DNA. Just wanted to share my excitment. To bad they're back ordered. I wanted it for New years. Says it will ship by the 6th. Hopefully I'll get a late Xmas miracle. Oh well it was free!

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting too! Suppose to ship on the 6th, so I am trying to learn everything now, so I can hit the ground running. But I still have some mixed feelings about the Android versions. I like the older Androids. I just don't like change I guess, lol.

Decon1

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I spent the last years protecting my unlimited data with Verizon. Finally swung a deal in early November. The LG G3 replaces a Droid RAZR MAXX that was rooted Safestrapped and had many many ROMS and Kernels and crossbreeds of those. It was fun! The LG is the most worthy phone I have used. I am running totally stock until I see 'L'. The phone is sweet and definitely worth the price of admission :)

Tips - Use the Application Manager to Disable all the bloatware. Immediately change the launcher, there are many that will do the same but I like NOVA Prime. Increases battery life and decreases lag. Turn off updates (Search XDA forums or Google) and stay with version 10B. Do a backup so if you don't like 'L' you can return.

Enjoy your LG G3 :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You'll both be knocked out when you light up that 538ppi display for the first time. Welcome to G3-land.☺

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well I spent the last years protecting my unlimited data with Verizon. Finally swung a deal in early November. The LG G3 replaces a Droid RAZR MAXX that was rooted Safestrapped and had many many ROMS and Kernels and crossbreeds of those. It was fun! The LG is the most worthy phone I have used. I am running totally stock until I see 'L'. The phone is sweet and definitely worth the price of admission :)

I also upgraded from a rooted, safestrapped RAZR Maxx. Loved that phone, but it was beginning to get dated after two years.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded to a LG G3 from a DNA. Just wanted to share my excitment. To bad they're back ordered. I wanted it for New years. Says it will ship by the 6th. Hopefully I'll get a late Xmas miracle. Oh well it was free!

Congrats!!!! you'll be happy with it!

There is nothing worth giving up unlimited data....sorry.
No phone, no deal.....nothing.

I used to think that, until i found out i only average 8gb a month with all my game play, browsing and music/movie streaming. Not a big deal anymore with my 20gb plan

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I used to think that, until i found out i only average 8gb a month with all my game play, browsing and music/movie streaming. Not a big deal anymore with my 20gb plan

I agree. This is really a case-by-case situation as most of my day I'm using data from multiple Wifi connections in the area. Not only is it more battery efficient, but it can be a lot faster as well (depending on the networks available and reception, if you're in a building which is typically the case).

Unlimited data really has no perks anymore for me with fighting to keep it buying off-contract phones and avoiding plan changes being deterrents.

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I keep unlimited by using family member upgrades and just activate it with my number. Which Verizon costumer service told me to do. That person may be fired now lol. But its worked everytime.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That's how you do it :)
I have my parents on my plan and use their upgrades, they love their iPhones and have no desire to change.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree. This is really a case-by-case situation as most of my day I'm using data from multiple Wifi connections in the area. Not only is it more battery efficient, but it can be a lot faster as well (depending on the networks available and reception, if you're in a building which is typically the case).

Unlimited data really has no perks anymore for me with fighting to keep it buying off-contract phones and avoiding plan changes being deterrents.

It really is case by case. I have wifi at home which is much faster than LTE (consistent 50/12mbps) so i get on that. Mobile data is just for the road and at the office

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure so I am asking; isn't 20gb around $150 a month??

AT&T gives 15gb and 3 lines for $145 (2 lines would be $130). Retention gave me 20gb for the same price since Sprint gives that much data.

$48.33 per line is pretty cheap. Nice deal there. I pay $67 per line (two lines) and have less data than you. Since I use Wifi more often because of the reception, availability, and battery savings... Data isn't even a concern.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I keep unlimited by using family member upgrades and just activate it with my number. Which Verizon costumer service told me to do. That person may be fired now lol. But its worked everytime.

They are slowly putting an end to this. They have now made it so that if you upgrade a dumb phone, you cannot take off the data charge for 2 years.

I don't know how they do a smartphone on a limited contract though. You should be correct in that you can upgrade a limited smartphone, if your contract is up. All you have to do is move the SIM, so I don't see how they can stop this upgrade.

I've moved to Swappa to get my phones now since I cannot upgrade my dumbphones and dump the data plan.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It really is case by case. I have wifi at home which is much faster than LTE (consistent 50/12mbps) so i get on that. Mobile data is just for the road and at the office

I live in the sticks and only have DSL with 2-3 Mbps download and 500 Kbps upload speeds. I do have xLTE speeds with my Smartphone, so it's our home Internet. Has been for a year. Hence the reason I cannot change from unlimited and also the reason I fork over the extra $30 per month for the hotspot keeping me completely legal with VZW's policies.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I live in the sticks and only have DSL with 2-3 Mbps download and 500 Kbps upload speeds. I do have xLTE speeds with my Smartphone, so it's our home Internet. Has been for a year. Hence the reason I cannot change from unlimited and also the reason I fork over the extra $30 per month for the hotspot keeping me completely legal with VZW's policies.

See, that makes sense to keep Unlimited Data.

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Loving the G3! Best phone I've had hands down. The look the feel. Runs smooth and the screen is gorgeous. I was always an LG fan during the dumb phone days. Don't know what took me so long to break away from HTC ugh. I'll never look back.