Just had Lollipop download - Do I install or not?

dougan1963

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
As in title, not sure to download the update or not, read some good and negative reports.
Or do I wait until the fix patches come out?

Did update my Nexus 4 to Lollipop before Christmas and it seemed ok, but this is a different phone.

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I updated two weeks ago - not noticed anything good or bad but I did a factory reset immediately afterwards.

I also have a nexus 4 and that went smoothly too.

dougan1963

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Please enlighten me about the backup, as I have only just finished updating everything from my Nexus 4 !!

What does Lollipop give you over the previous OS?

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Everything I have is backed up to google servers. It automatically restores the apps and settings pretty much to what they were before.

As to what Lollipop gives you, my impression is very little as most of the changes are buried under LG software. Other G3 users may have more to add.

dougan1963

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Steve, I liked the Lollipop layout on the Nexus, but that is purely an Android device, so I presume you would see more changes.

dougan1963

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks TH, will have a look.
If there are no real advantages to upgrade to 5.0, why run the risk of spoiling the phone that seems to be working fine.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I hope that when we get 5.0.1 or newer we get the same soft key layout as the gflex 2 cause im liking the new look

Posted via the Android Central App

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Everything I have is backed up to google servers. It automatically restores the apps and settings pretty much to what they were before.

As to what Lollipop gives you, my impression is very little as most of the changes are buried under LG software. Other G3 users may have more to add.

How do you do this? When I restore only some apps come back. Not settings or home screen layout. (I have an lg g3)