Lollipop for U.S. G3 "Coming Soon"

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It still depends on the carrier. Between LG's release to US carriers and AT&T's OTA release could be 6 months.

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't download it, issues with battery life. My brother in law jumped in quickly download it, bam! Battery drained in 4 hours. No fix until update to lollipop. I have disabled updates. Many other problems also.

Posted via the Android Central App

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It still depends on the carrier. Between LG's release to US carriers and AT&T's OTA release could be 6 months.

Of course it does, but news that it's actually in motion is better than no news at all IMO. And of course, despite our cynicism, who's to say they're not passing this along because the carriers are close to green light? Heck, HTC have promised they'll have it out for the M8 by the end of February, so it may not be so far fetched to think it might be as soon as a few weeks. Time will tell.

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't download it, issues with battery life. My brother in law jumped in quickly download it, bam! Battery drained in 4 hours. No fix until update to lollipop. I have disabled updates. Many other problems also.

For sure. Mine is turned off as well. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks after it comes out and see how it's going with others before I grab it myself. I'm excited, but I'm also patient. Been burned enough times by now to know better than to just jump straight in with both feet.

RLewy

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm excited to have lockscreen notifications finally! I know there are 3rd party apps for it but I've tried them all and just want something clean and simple like iOS notifications.

KillMHz

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm excited to have lockscreen notifications finally! I know there are 3rd party apps for it but I've tried them all and just want something clean and simple like iOS notifications.

Yes, lockscreen notification with a horrible battery life and lags. I've Lollipop on my G3 IT since November.. if i could return to KitKat i would do it.

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know this as well. (referring to phone software updates not app updates since I know how to do that)

Basically avoiding this Lollipop update till it's ironed somehow especially the battery drain.

Exactly. I had that recent 200+MB T-Mobile update happen automatically. Although that update was fine I want to avoid the Lollipop one until I hear it works okay. Because as of now, except for a few occasionally hiccups, my G3 runs well.