OTG won't work?

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I tried the OTG on the G3 as with my old xperia s, xoom 2 as well as a new samsung T700.
The configuration is as in the drawing (using a forked otg usb cable)
all devices worked just fine but with G3 no way to see the external disc

Could someone please help?

Thanks in advance for your time

Sorry the photo is upside down: Somehow it gets rotated while uploaded (even if i first rotate it!)

Attachments

• DSC_1525.jpg
    DSC_1525.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2015-02-16 15_57_31-Document1 - Microsoft Word.jpg
    2015-02-16 15_57_31-Document1 - Microsoft Word.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
what ROM are you running?
Can you double-check kthat your OTG cable is working on a different phone now/ My old OTG was bad and I needed a new one.

I saw a reference that you cannot charge the phone while having it in iUSB Host mode. Not sure if entirely true or not but I know when I hook up mine to a usb keyboad, mouse, and flash drive via a powered USB hub, everything receives power BUT the phone.

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested to see if anyone has a solution. OTG doesn't seem to be working on my G3 either. I bought a Sandisk thumb drive with micro USB that is listed as compatible with the G3 but when I plug it in nothing shows up. At least I can still use it as a regular thumb drive though.

Posted via the Android Central App

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
what ROM are you running?
Can you double-check kthat your OTG cable is working on a different phone now/ My old OTG was bad and I needed a new one.
I saw a reference that you cannot charge the phone while having it in iUSB Host mode. Not sure if entirely true or not but I know when I hook up mine to a usb keyboad, mouse, and flash drive via a powered USB hub, everything receives power BUT the phone.

Yes it (cable and battery) work well with the devices i listed
Of course you cannot charge the phone with the OTG as in this case it's the phone how sources the current :)

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested to see if anyone has a solution. OTG doesn't seem to be working on my G3 either. I bought a Sandisk thumb drive with micro USB that is listed as compatible with the G3 but when I plug it in nothing shows up. At least I can still use it as a regular thumb drive though.

Posted via the Android Central App

when i connect an sd card inserted into a card reader to the G3, with the same OTG cable, the G3 accesses it perfectly well!

Note, in the SD case I don't power the the disc (the power part of the fork is dangling) and the G3 is powering the SD + Card reader.

In the HDD case i use the battery as HDD sinked current might kill the phone but curiously it won't work with the G3 while it does work on the three other devices