System Volume Problems :: Unstable volume, lowers by itself

jakeyjunkie

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I've been having problems with volume. You might be having the same problem or might be able to help me. The problem has been too annoying.
My 32gb LG G3 D855 just keeps on lowering the volume by itself. My touch feedback sound is on and just a notch away from full volume. However, the sound is unstable in that it just lowers itself. I keep checking the setting but the level is just the same and not changing.

For example, one series of tapping on the screen has the expected volume. After some time, the next series of tapping on the screen has their sound feedback dropped by itself to very low. It is fluctuating and unstable.

Just now, I turned everything to full volume and tested things out. To my surprise, even my notification and ringtone volumes are also unstable. They go very low to hear at one point, then get back to being loud again. All by themselves. It came to a point where my ringtone is at maximum level, then when I tested it (tapped at the adjuster), the sound was very low. Then after testing again, it goes back to the intended full volume.

In summary, the volume just drops down by itself, then gets back to the expected level, then drops down again. Very unstable.

Are you having the same issue?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have not seen this happen before. When the volume level goes down, does the slider actually change position? Or does the sound just get quieter?

I hate to say this, but perform a full factory reset on the thing to rule out this being a software problem. If that doesn't work, I think it's malfunctioning hardware and should be repaired (under warranty, hopefully).

jakeyjunkie

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I have not seen this happen before. When the volume level goes down, does the slider actually change position? Or does the sound just get quieter?

I hate to say this, but perform a full factory reset on the thing to rule out this being a software problem. If that doesn't work, I think it's malfunctioning hardware and should be repaired (under warranty, hopefully).

Hello! The second is correct. When the volume goes down, it just goes quieter even if the slider is at full volume. In the sound settings, I tapped on the slider's head positioned at full volume and the sound is still quieter. Give it some time and it goes back to the expected sound again.

A full factory reset might really be in order but I'm hoping that there could be other solutions. Thanks!

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Notifications

Since I've updated to Lollipop and done the FR, I'm noticing my notifications are weird. Sometimes very loud, sometimes normal... Sometimes I can barely hear them. I'm referring to both the native text app and Hangouts as well. I'm using sounds from the phone, not downloaded from Zedge, etc.

Anyone else having this problem? (yes, I've restarted)

I'd tried posting that the other day, but it didn't work.

I've done a factory reset. Two actually.

vahernandez

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
My device is having the same issue. I have a G3 (D851) with the lollipop update. I noticed the fluctuating volume levels while streaming
Tidal and using the LG HBS750 bluetooth headset. I assumed this was going to require a master reset but I wanted to wait and see if any other solutions found the light of day.

elduderino619

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my HTC one m9. I also found the power button doesn't respond promptly now and will go into a safe mood by itself when it does reboot. I have had the same pair of headphones (w/ a mic) and this phone for almost a year now and it just started today. Pretty frustrating.

Ulonda Jaskula

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been having problems with volume. You might be having the same problem or might be able to help me. The problem has been too annoying.
My 32gb LG G3 D855 just keeps on lowering the volume by itself. My touch feedback sound is on and just a notch away from full volume. However, the sound is unstable in that it just lowers itself. I keep checking the setting but the level is just the same and not changing.

For example, one series of tapping on the screen has the expected volume. After some time, the next series of tapping on the screen has their sound feedback dropped by itself to very low. It is fluctuating and unstable.

Just now, I turned everything to full volume and tested things out. To my surprise, even my notification and ringtone volumes are also unstable. They go very low to hear at one point, then get back to being loud again. All by themselves. It came to a point where my ringtone is at maximum level, then when I tested it (tapped at the adjuster), the sound was very low. Then after testing again, it goes back to the intended full volume.

In summary, the volume just drops down by itself, then gets back to the expected level, then drops down again. Very unstable.

I am having the same issue... Did you ever find a resolution??? ������������������

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Martinez2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Im having a problem with my bluetooth earphones, they tend to lower in volume and i check the music volume only to find out its the same. The volume in the settings isn't changing, only on the bluetooth earphones. For every 8 seconds they decrease in volume but raise back to the normal volume the next second.

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Its still happening across many models and makes of phones, Nexus, HTC, Samsung, and its still happening on Oreo 8.1.0. It happens on Bluetooth and with headphones. It happens on Google Play and Spotify. And its not just the media volume. Ring volume also gets silenced randomly. Somebody help please! Volume Lock apps don't prevent it, they struggle to restore after the momentary random drops. Clearing cache doesn't help. Factory reset doesn't help!

ronaldhefner

Jul 8, 2018
Visit site
Its still happening across many models and makes of phones, Nexus, HTC, Samsung, and its still happening on Oreo 8.1.0. It happens on Bluetooth and with headphones. It happens on Google Play and Spotify. And its not just the media volume. Ring volume also gets silenced randomly. Somebody help please! Volume Lock apps don't prevent it, they struggle to restore after the momentary random drops. Clearing cache doesn't help. Factory reset doesn't help!

This happens constantly on my LG G5. The volume is unstable on the ringer, notification sounds, videos, Google Maps driving directions, and apps. I have a sleep sound app that starts out at full volume, then it goes down, then it comes back loud. I tried installing Persist, a volume control app. Didn't help. It's driving me crazy, and I suspect that it's common on these models--a software glitch that's built right in. Sorry I ever bought this phone.

nukaronie

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Hey I know this thread is kinda old but I'm having the same issue of my LG phone (LG Stylo2) randomly getting the media volume lowered (the slider does not move though) and I'm starting to get a bit annoyed especially when I'm trying to listen to music. This has been happening for the past 2 days and I tried restarting my phone and it did work for a couple hours then the issue came back. I was wondering if there is an actual fix for this?

jhngoodrich

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site

I have a 2 year old Samsung 10.1 Tab A, Model SM-T580 and I've been having this exact problem. Have you found a solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

ctsr1

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a LG v30 and am having the same issue across all media game YouTube streaming. It doesn't matter. No fix yet

pissedLGuser

Sep 18, 2018
Visit site
I've been having same problem with a 6 month old lg k20. Total crap. Have tried factory reset. Uninstalling apps. Clearing cache. Safe mode, blah blah blah. At the MetroPCS store they look at me like I'm stupid when I describe the problem and try to sell me another phone. I've never had good luck with LG anything. Now people are saying even Samsungs are doing it. I can't bring myself to switch to The Devil's phone (iPhone). Please someone help!

Skylsmoi

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi, just found this thread and I think I'm having the same issue.

From my tests, the media volume get lowered down by the system after being at max lever for while.
It usually happens while I'm driving with spotify at max level on my phone (to have better volume control from my car inputs)
It looks like an ear protection system but I can't find a way to disable it.
It was already happening on my previous phone and still happening on my new one.

Cwilliams6969

May 22, 2022
Visit site
I've been having same problem with a 6 month old lg k20. Total crap. Have tried factory reset. Uninstalling apps. Clearing cache. Safe mode, blah blah blah. At the MetroPCS store they look at me like I'm stupid when I describe the problem and try to sell me another phone. I've never had good luck with LG anything. Now people are saying even Samsungs are doing it. I can't bring myself to switch to The Devil's phone (iPhone). Please someone help!

I habe an LG Stylo 5 and so does my husbands. His phone is doing the whole sound thing. He'll be watching a video and volume will just turn down by itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RylanortheAncient