Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped - Locked out! Can't use phone!

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Just turned my phone on today and got this error message that WILL NOT go away and I can't get to any of the screens behind it because it keeps popping up constantly. I did a soft reset by taking the battery out for a few minutes and re installing it but that didn't help. Lollipop 5.0. The phone is completely useless right now because this screen locks me out and I can't get to the screens behind it to click around and fix anything. I wonder if I should return for a new phone?

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
If you have patience and are really fast, you should be able to click between popups.But you have to be fast.
Then try going to settings -> apps-> all-> reset app preferences.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
You probably need to clear the cached data of all the Google Apps. Did you updated any Google apps before this started?

May 5, 2014
Visit site
You probably need to clear the cached data of all the Google Apps. Did you updated any Google apps before this started?

It's my wife's phone and she doesn't remember. It's insanity to keep trying to press buttons in between the error message. There's go to be an easier fix to this. I will call the place I bought it from......

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok cool, but if you can get to settings_storage_cache, click on that and say yes, then restart. I had a similar issue like this a while ago. Almost threw the phone at the wall, so i feel your pain.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
If you use Google + photos, then all your photos will be automatically backed up if you have auto backup turned on. And if all your contacts are synced with your Gmail, then you will have all those after you factory reset as well (if it comes to having to reset). All of your apps can be linked with your Gmail account as well.

To factory reset, since you cant use the phone, you will have to boot it into recovery mode. To do this, power off the phone. When you boot it back up, hold the power button and volume down. When the LG logo appears, release the keys, and then immediately press power and volume down again until the hard reset menu is displayed. Then factory reset from there. Of course, this is the last step if you don't have your data backed up, cause it is a pain to get it all back. Always keep it backed up because you never know when something bad could happen!

Good luck,

Jake.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

mosterholt

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Factory hard reset did not help me (Power off, volume down + power etc). As soon as I signed back in to my google account the error started popping up again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress