lg g3 erratic behaviour

vxg

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I dropped my g3 few weeks ago and I noticed it starts to behave weirdly, it takes me multiple time to press the back button to turn on the screen for example, but there was no serious problem until today. Multiple times today the screen will freeze automatically after few minutes of use and will not respond to touch, also the screen not only freeze but sort of turn black and white and get distorted (like old analog tv does sometimes).

I am just wondering what is happening with my lg g3 ? is this only a screen problem or other hardware problem ?

thank you

vxg

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
it has screen protector, it sometimes get hot but not often

not really, do you think factory reset will solve the problem ? I feel this is a hardware problem not a software problem

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It does sound rather like a hardware problem but on the other hand you can only find out whether a reset helps by trying, otherwise you'll never know....a hassle though it is to reset. I did one for a problem on a Nexus 5 some time ago....it didn't help at all, but at least I knew I'd tried.

Posted via the Android Central App

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Try the reset and see what happens, if that doesn't help then if might be able to get it covered under warranty.
Also sometimes a screen protector can cause issues with the touch sensitivity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez