Viewing notifications on lock screen

moloch16

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from iPhone and one thing that is bothering me about my android phone is the lock screen real estate. I have this big screen and 90% of the screen is taken by the clock and unlock feature. Notifications get a small band and stack on each other.

Problem being while I'm away if I get 3 text messages, a phone call, and some other alert all I see is a stack of notifications but I can't read them.

On the iphone if you turn the screen on you actually read what happened and decide right away if you care enough to unlock your phone and respond. With this new phone I always have to unlock to see what the notifications actually are about and if I care or not.

Is there a way to change the lock screen behavior? I'm on Lollipop.

I read somewhere you should be able to pull down on the notifications to view them but this doesn't seem to work??

Thanks!

Rubeni Alimasi

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Depending on your phone it is whether under Notifications, Sound & Notifications or Lock Screen. Search for a "When device is locked" and choose "Show all content". Or, again in Sound and Notifications look for " Apps notifications"

Posted via the Android Central App

moloch16

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Turns out there is a problem with the stock LG lock screen and Lollipop that prevents being about to pulldown the notifications on the lock screen. My solution was to replace the stock LG lock screen with Microsoft Next lock screen.

However I lost the ability to open the camera by holding the volume down button, and there are no unlock / lock sounds, something I liked.

Oh well!