LG G3 says mobile network unavailable until insert valid sim?

markoQ

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Lg G3 says mobile network unavailable until insert valid sim

As the title says my phone keeps saying mobile network unavailable until insert valid SIM card. Then It counts up to 10 on the screen and shuts down and then starts up again and says no SIM card inserted. Phoned provider 3 and said all fine their end, my SIM card works in other prom so I sent my phone off to be repaired ( new SIM card reader ) but they contacted me to say they can't see the problem with the sim reader and asked what was happening with phone before I sent to them. So explained as above but still await reply. So please if anyone knows what's happening or has happend to them I would be grateful so I can resolve this issue cheers

Mark

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lg G3 says mobile network unavailable until insert valid sim

Well, I don't know about your G3, but I have had phones that would not recognize the SIM unless the phone was powered off, SIM inserted, then phone powered on. Alternatively, insert SIM, then reboot phone.

Did you try either of those things?

Princedede

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
First of all is your phone unlocked for other network? i was using a sim unlocked vs985 on Android 4.4.2 with 10d bootstack, when i upgraded my fone to official verizon network. It started telling me invalid sim. So i root my fone. And flashed 12d bootstack on Android 4.4.2 afterwhich i flashed fulmics rom 5.3 on Android 6.0 and its working perfect now. So u might try thesame thing.

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
this started to happen to my LG G3. Got a new sim card and was good for a week, then my phone died. Screen going blank issue documented here.

I am willing to be your phone may be on its way out due to hardware failure.

Juanita Thomas

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lg G3 says mobile network unavailable until insert valid sim

As the title says my phone keeps saying mobile network unavailable until insert valid SIM card. Then It counts up to 10 on the screen and shuts down and then starts up again and says no SIM card inserted. Phoned provider 3 and said all fine their end, my SIM card works in other prom so I sent my phone off to be repaired ( new SIM card reader ) but they contacted me to say they can't see the problem with the sim reader and asked what was happening with phone before I sent to them. So explained as above but still await reply. So please if anyone knows what's happening or has happend to them I would be grateful so I can resolve this issue cheers

Mark

Did you resolve this issue? Mines did the same thing after the update. There's no doubt they purposely did this.

Last edited:

kadoaties

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
it happened to me too. While I can't get a new phone I just press the SIM against the phone so it keeps working until next reboot.
maybe a small paper can help too.