LG G3 freezes when making/receiving calls in car with Bluetooth on

Dezso3

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I seem to be having a major problem with my LG G3, and it has presented itself several times already. Many times (not every single time) I try to make a call, or receive a call in my car, whenever my phone is connected to the car's Bluetooth device, the phone freezes up completely. When I try to answer the call, it won't let me, and I can't ignore it either. When I try to restart the phone by pressing down the power button, it doesn't respond, so I have to remove the back cover and take the battery out and then put it back in. Usually, right after I restart the phone, and it reconnects to the car's Bluetooth, it works for a little while, but then after that it begins to act up again. It seems that I can make and receive calls just fine when my phone isn't connected to my car's Bluetooth. Also, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I feel like this problem has only been occurring since I upgraded to the latest version of Android. With the previous version, I never seemed to have this problem. Or could it be something else? I really hope this gets resolved sooner than later, because it's really starting to get on my nerves. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11934

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same phone and never any issue with Bluetooth. I am guessing that it could be an app you are using causing issues.

Dezso3

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I have All Calls Recorded installed, and whenever I make or receive a call, it automatically records it. I also have Calls Blacklist installed, which blocks any unwanted soliciting calls. Or could any of these other apps that I have installed be the culprit?

Screenshot_2016-07-13-11-30-27.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way to test it out is to uninstall each app one by one, and see if the problem goes away after each uninstall.

Also, did you try Safe Mode? If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then it certainly could be one of those apps. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it probably has more to do with the hardware or firmware, rather than any app you installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty