Anyone considering this as their first "G" phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone who never had a "G" phone planned to get the G4? If so, why?

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

NannerAirCraft

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the Nexus 5 right now and I'm looking for a replacement. The G4 looks great it has good specs and it should have better battery life and camera than my Nexus 5. Also I like the back buttons and removable battery and micro-sd slot. Either that or I will go with the new Nexus depending on what Google does with it this year.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ebko

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a S4 and wanted to upgrade to the S6 until I found out the specs. I love Samsung (and have many of their products) but I was hugely disappointed with the deletion of the sd card and the removable battery. Both are deal breakers. I must have all my music and pictures on my phone. Plus I take many pics and videos and MUST have memory. Videos can take up several gb EACH. Also, I could care less about a phone being esthetically pleasing. What good is a phone that looks great but is made of GLASS! Not for nothing but if you eliminate a removable battery at least make sure the permanent battery can provide enough capacity for a RESONABLE amount of time. Sorry, Samsung dropped the ball, BIGTIME! I never thought I would jump ship from Samsung but they must have drunk some iPhone kool-aid. The G4 has everything I would want in a cell phone, plus! I will be watching the G4's reviews/comparisons but I already feel good about this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I am coming from Droid Turbo. Well actually Droid Maxx, because I reverted back to the Maxx when my Turbo couldn't handle 80% of the pictures I wanted to take, that even the Maxx did decently with. I never really realized how important a decent to good camera was to me until I got a basically useless one. 21mp but couldn't capture the slightest motion at all or handle any challenging lighting. Working in hockey and using the camera for 90% either hockey shots or concerts, it became a huge problem.

kacowboy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yea I am due my Sprint upgrade on June 1, have a M7 right now I do enjoy it but need longer battery life and better screen. I ride a motorcycle and have headphones in my helmet. So I play my music on the phone and have GPS up when I need it.

Trent9810

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been rocking a note 2 for a few years. And August is upgrade time. It is a toss up between the note 4 and Lg G4. G4 is in the lead for the back buttons. I use wallet cases only and believe the back buttons will work better with the wallet cases. Price may become a factor as well.

Posted via Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Same here -- Coming from the Note 2 and I love the idea of the back buttons; I take a lot of photos and find that pressing on the screen, or the side button, to trigger the shutter (when spending a lot of time on composition, etc.) is less than optimal. I'm wary of the Note 4 because of a few things I hate about my Note 2, and I frankly don't trust that Samsung will have fixed those things -- they probably have, but once bit twice shy.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone who never had a "G" phone planned to get the G4? If so, why?

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Yup. . I've never had a LG before and I plan on upgrading to one from my m8.

Everything with the exception of the lack of HTC's boomsound speakers are a major improvement.

It's been a long time since I was actually excited about getting a new phone but I am about this one.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Def will be my first "G" phone if the real world battery life can get me 5 hrs of SoT!

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I am - currently on a 2013 Moto X, and planning to get a G4 .... unless I start to hear a lot of good things about the Note 5 later this year, in which case I might wait :D

angpuaykhoon

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I'm one of the people considering the G4 as my first G series phone. I've never considered the G phones because I never felt their cameras were really that good and their UI lagged. The only thing I liked was their big screen and their button placement (at the back of the phone).

My 2 year plan/contract has expired (ended in March) and I was actually waiting for the next Xperia Z. I'm on the original Xperia Z and it's really slow now and the camera was never that good. The audio was nice though. The G4 will be an awesome step up in terms of screen quality (not to mention much nicer colours than the S6; too warm for me), screen size, camera (dat manual mode), and processor speed. I thought that the 808 was a better choice than the 810.

I'm looking through Spigen cases and planning to buy the accessories soon. Just waiting for more reviews to really have me set on buying it. Concerned with audio quality and battery life now since performance has been shown to be a non-issue.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The G3 was my first LG phone last year coming from a long list of Samsung devices and it was due to playing with the G2 one day at a Sprint store the year before. I loved the feel and look of the G2 BUT it didn't have an sd slot or removable battery. I told myself.....if LG puts an sd card slot and removable battery on the G3, I'm getting it, screw Samsung! BAM, LG delivers with the G3! Same thing is happening with the G4. They are building on the G series and just making it better every year. I have a feeling you all won't be disappointed with the G4. :cool:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning heavily to the G4. I had a G2 and G3 a few months ago. Also had the Turbo but didn't care for the camera so I've sold it and back to the S5 for now. I did just pick up another G2 to add as my backup device though.

Just waiting for solid release and pricing info. But aren't we all?

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
yep, as long as the reviews of the G4 production units and software are at least as good as the g4 pre-production units and software, i will get the G4 and not only will it be my first G phone, but my first LG as well, thankfully my renewal isnt untill the end of july so i have plenty of time to see how things play out.

Either way, i wont be getting the S6, i have a S4 and love it, but the S6 removed all of the key features i need, and added none i want. plus made it glass and thin metal so all in all it broke me of sammy phones till they fix it, as long as i can still beam between my note 8 and my g4 i wont even be looking toward sam phones again till they fix them.

HTC had my interest with the m9, but as it sounds like it is more of a m8.1 i dont have much interest, had my hopes pinned on LG giving me a good phone, and from the looks of it the G4 delivered.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm taking a long look at it. I really wanted the G3 when it was released, but decided to hold off and continue enjoying my N5. I'm really liking what the G4 offers, and the leather backs with swappable batteries is a plus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun