LG G4 Manual Camera Mode = IMPRESSIVE

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
All the things you can do in manual mode with the G4 is pretty impressive. This can surely replace a DSLR camera. I am kind of jealous I don't have some of these features on my S6

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It does indeed look mighty impressive. I think it's going to give my Nokia Lumias a run for their money. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
All the things you can do in manual mode with the G4 is pretty impressive. This can surely replace a DSLR camera. I am kind of jealous I don't have some of these features on my S6

[video]https://youtu.be/Nd7ogSGS2LQ[/url]

C'mon Smooth, just get yourself one and try it out! I'm sure you're making good money to afford one, lol ;) It might pull you away from Samsung though so be careful, lol!

Seriously though, the G4 camera is looking so good that its making me jealous and wanting to upgrade my G3! I take lots of pictures of finished projects I've done for my company and I get lots of compliments of my G3 pics. The G4 pics would just be even better!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
C'mon Smooth, just get yourself one and try it out! I'm sure you're making good money to afford one, lol ;) It might pull you away from Samsung though so be careful, lol!

Seriously though, the G4 camera is looking so good that its making me jealous and wanting to upgrade my G3! I take lots of pictures of finished projects I've done for my company and I get lots of compliments of my G3 pics. The G4 pics would just be even better!

Lol I wish I was!
I'm gonna wait for the reviews to see what this thing can actually do, its looking real good so far in terms of camera

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. It does look pretty impressive

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This can surely replace a DSLR camera.

Please stop making silly comments such as this. Anyone with actual camera knowledge is just shaking their heads at the stupidity of it.

The ability to change settings manually is fantastic, and this looks like it will be a great camera. For a phone. Will not replace a dslr though. Won't even replace my compact camera (Nikon Coolpix A).

Last edited:

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Please stop making silly comments such as this. Anyone with actual camera knowledge is just shaking their heads at the stupidity of it.

The ability to change settings manually is fantastic, and this looks like it will be a great camera. For a phone. Will not replace a dslr though. Won't even replace my compact camera (Nikon Coolpix A).

Allow me to paraphrase what smooth4lyfe was trying to say: The LG G4 can take photos so well that it renders spending $500-$5000 on a DSLR as fairly pointless. There are no photos in the world you are going to take with that touristy-cannon hanging around your neck that the G4 couldn't come close to achieving. And, oh yes, it's also a phone that fits in your pocket. So the G4 wins.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
There are no photos in the world you are going to take with that touristy-cannon hanging around your neck that the G4 couldn't come close to achieving. .
Just stop.

That is just blatantly not true. A DSLR/Mirrorless APS-C/Micro 4/3 camera allows much more control and has much better image quality than any cell phone camera. Sure, cell phone cameras are improving rapidly, but we are still talking about tiny sensors, fixed focal length, fixed fstop cameras here. While f1.8 lens may sound fast, it is for a cell phone, there are many nice and not too expensive real camera lenses that are faster than f1.8, and f1.8 paired up to a tiny sensor isn't equivalent to f1.8 on these interchangeable lens cameras. Additionally, modern interchangable lens cameras can take nearly noiseless pictures up to 3200 or higher ISO. Try that with any cell phone. Not to mention dedicated cameras have superior ergonomics and signficantly more accessories available.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just stop.

That is just blatantly not true. A DSLR/Mirrorless APS-C/Micro 4/3 camera allows much more control and has much better image quality than any cell phone camera. Sure, cell phone cameras are improving rapidly, but we are still talking about tiny sensors, fixed focal length, fixed fstop cameras here. While f1.8 lens may sound fast, it is for a cell phone, there are many nice and not too expensive real camera lenses that are faster than f1.8, and f1.8 paired up to a tiny sensor isn't equivalent to f1.8 on these interchangeable lens cameras. Additionally, modern interchangable lens cameras can take nearly noiseless pictures up to 3200 or higher ISO. Try that with any cell phone. Not to mention dedicated cameras have superior ergonomics and signficantly more accessories available.

But can you make a call or send a text with that camera?

J/k.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The controls are nice fro those who want to mess with that. The S6 I believe will get an update for this as well .. Maybe in a few years :D haha (but really .. hoping not years).

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
But can you make a call or send a text with that camera?

J/k.

LOL. Not at the moment. Hopefully never. But again, just stop saying that a phone camera is going to be able to take any picture that a DSLR could. Yeah, you can point it in the same direction and get some result, but that isn't the same.

:)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
LOL. Not at the moment. Hopefully never. But again, just stop saying that a phone camera is going to be able to take any picture that a DSLR could. Yeah, you can point it in the same direction and get some result, but that isn't the same.

I have a Canon DSLR and hardly ever use it. A lot of money invested that sits in a bag.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a Canon DSLR and hardly ever use it. A lot of money invested that sits in a bag.

I need a DSLR so I can take a picture of the NYC skyline and print it on my large format printer 80"w x60"h and hang it on my wall. Can I borrow yours??

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
All the things you can do in manual mode with the G4 is pretty impressive. This can surely keep you from going out to buy a DSLR camera if you never owned one before and don't really need one. I am kind of jealous I don't have some of these features on my S6

[video]https://youtu.be/Nd7ogSGS2LQ[/url]

There I fixed it for you... Lol

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Maybe he meant HE could take as good a picture with his G4 as HE could with a DSLR...

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
All this talk about the G4 replacing DSLR's or claiming that DSLR's will somehow become less useful with the release of the G4 is making my head hurt.

There is no possible way the G4 is going to take better photos than a professional camera. It won't, it never will and it won't ever, ever, ever replace a DSLR. Not for people who are serious about photography and want to take photos that won't just be posted on Facebook. If that's not you, then fine, a DSLR would be a bad investment. Better off using a phone camera or point n shoot in that instance.

Smartphone cameras have made made moves in making point and shoot cameras redundant (though the high end point n shoot are still better), but it won't possibly make DSLR's redundant.

The G4 looks to have a great camera, possibly the beat on a smartphone yet, but enough with this nonsense. I like the G4, I'll be getting one, but just stop. Please.

Sent from my SM-G920I

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Why all the whining about a DSLR and a camera phone?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If someone wants to say and think a camera phone is better than a DSLR - well, let them. This "please stop" stuff is getting redundant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa