Question Is it possible to unlock an ultrawide camera and 120FPS video recording in Samsung A52s phone?

Avalon

Jul 13, 2023
Visit site
Hello. Recently I bought a Samsung Galaxy A52S 5G phone and was somewhat disappointed in some camera features. It is not possible to use an ultrawide camera in video mode, nor can I use an ultrawide camera in apps like „Color night vision camera“. Since the phone uses a 120hz display I also expected that it would be possible to record 120FPS videos as well but only FHD 60FPS is allowed at best. Are there ways to unlock these features using software or is it hardware limitation?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. You are correct it is not possible with the stock software. To be honest I don't even think it is possible to run it at 120FPS. I don't know the A52 but with the S22 and it was only possible to do 8K 24FPS and 60 max on other video. I think the S23 will do 30FPS but not sure if it goes up to 120. I don't remember hearing that in the review videos. Anyway you might be able to find a camera app that will allow you do some of things you're talking about. It obviously can't make the camera do more than it physically can and the quality comes mostly from the software so there may be some disconnect there but my best advice is to look at the Play Store. The Galaxy Store may have some options too. But IMHO I've struggled to find many good apps there. Speaking of it's been a while since I've looked at the Amazon App Store, they used to have some decent apps but the only way you're going to find any of what you're looking for is going to be through a 3 party app.

Let us know if you find something.

Best wishes.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As VidJunky mentioned, most of it is not possible in stock software. Some OS versions may allow you to have 3rd party apps access the additional camera/lenses, but they'd have to be made specifically for your phone model. As for the FPS, this is definitely a hardware limitation as this is a mid-range phone and the processor and hardware would just not be able to properly handle the higher video data load.

Reactions: VidJunky

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174