A gallery of night shots from my evening walk

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Most shots shown here were in Auto mode. The two with light trails were hand held, manual mode. ISO 50, shutter 1 sec. The OIS really did it's job there! All in all as these are my first real pics with the G4 out and about I'm happy

http://imgur.com/a/8tFoB/

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No exif, wondering how many had the flash fire? Seems like a lot would need it but you don't see the typical unevenness or sharp drop off you typically get with a flash from a phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Really can't wait to try this camera. Especially the long exposure shots (that's the one thing I miss about carrying around a DSLR... carrying that is what I don't miss :p hahaha)

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
No exif, wondering how many had the flash fire? Seems like a lot would need it but you don't see the typical unevenness or sharp drop off you typically get with a flash from a phone.

In those photos flash wouldn't make a difference. Possibly in one or two...
Imgur photo hosting strips out the EXIF iirc. The bottom line - not much noise for a cell phone camera! Among the very best I've seen. Due to the small sensor size - this is not a dslr lol, there will be some noise. Very useful to see these night shots.

Very nice phots - thanks!

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow pretty great! You can see some graininess in some of the photos but over all that's pretty fantastic. It seems like they look really true to life

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow pretty great! You can see some graininess in some of the photos but over all that's pretty fantastic. It seems like they look really true to life

Yup that's frequently called iso noise or image noise. When I get my g4 I'll compare to my g3.