Slowness in attachment downloads

mikea3000

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone experiance slowness on this device when trying to open attachments frmo GMAIL? I know it not my network coverage, it just seems like this phone takes considerably longer to fetch and open attachments. On my prior device, they would open almost instantly.

Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone experiance slowness on this device when trying to open attachments frmo GMAIL? I know it not my network coverage, it just seems like this phone takes considerably longer to fetch and open attachments. On my prior device, they would open almost instantly.

Thanks
Are you opening the attachments straight from Gmail? If so, then the delay could be that the file is downloading then likely opening with Drive. I would suggest downloading the attachments first then opening with a file manager or application of choice.

mikea3000

May 18, 2010
Visit site
yes I am clickig on the attachment directly in gmail but I do not think that should matter because on my older device it opens instantly and gives me the option which app i want to use to open the file. IT takes several minutes on some ocassions on the G4 before it even gets to the point where it asks me which file viewer i want to use.

Thanks

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
sent my self a 5mb picture. Took a second after tapping the pic to load, and took less time to save it.

mikea3000

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my original post. I have this issue with word documents, excel, pdfs, etc.

Anyone care to try with a doc, excel or pdf?

Pics open fine

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my original post. I have this issue with word documents, excel, pdfs, etc.

Anyone care to try with a doc, excel or pdf?

Pics open fine

No issues with a 15kb word doc opened in word and a 15kb excel doc opened in sheets. Opened and saved faster than the 5mb pic

Posted via LG H815