June Verizon Update Removed Option to Select Preferred Network Type

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I had my Pixel 7 on LTE prior to running to the update a few days ago. I wanted to change it back to 5G yesterday but it seems there is no longer an option to do so. From VZ's list of changes is this; 'Request to remove preferred network type menu option.'
Has anyone on this forum who has VZ noticed this change or am I the only one. The change makes no sense to me.

blabblebanble

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
Samr boat. Unlocked phone purchased from Google on Verizon network. Now stuck on LTE. No menu option to change. Google support was beyond useless (suggested a reset).

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I've got the GStore model (GE2AE), on TMo, and the band-selection is still there. It's interesting just how many things have been introduced for carrier boot mods, on unlocked models.
It's certainly a VZW issue, but good luck sorting that, I bet a reset is the only easy recourse here...

Reactions: Laura Knotek

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is back after the July update. Unlocked Pixel 7 on Total by Verizon.
Guess I'll see what happens when I run the July update. When I did the reset network connections, mine went from LTE to 5G. Battery life with the June update is bad.

TrueKing84

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I messaged Verizon on Saturday because I have the same issue. They told me that it is on Google's end and Verizon had no input on it. They created a ticket because my mom's 6a is stuck on LTE.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the July update on Verizon Pixel 7 Pro and it's still missing for me too. I don't miss it because I always had mine on 5G anyway.