8GB+ System Data on the G4?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I got the G4 a few days ago.

It's my first 32gb phone. I looked at the storage stats, and saw that there's over 8gb under Miscellaneous, and when you go into that, it's 'System Data', but is greyed out.

Screenshot_2015-06-08-10-25-42.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-08-10-25-47.jpg

It's not a big deal so far as performance or memory goes, but it does seem odd that I have an extra 16gb of storage compared to my last phone, and half of it is unusable.

Is this normal? I did a factory reset and restore and it actually went form 7gb to 8gb.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The System data is greyed out as that is the partition the rom is on.

You cant change this as its the amount of space required for the system.

So yea all seems perfectly normal my friend 😀

Posted via the Android Central App

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The System data is greyed out as that is the partition the rom is on.

You cant change this as its the amount of space required for the system.

So yea all seems perfectly normal my friend ??????

Posted via the Android Central App

Ok, thanks.

It does seem very high to me, as I'm sure my 16GB Z3 didn't have 4gb (or anything near it) taken up in the same way.

But it's still bigger than before, and with option to move apps to the SD, no big deal.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I was just as surprised last night when I saw that, man...count yourself lucky, mine's at 9GB right now! I come from a stock Lollipop 5.1.1 Nexus 5, so, yeah...but the phone's running great and I should be getting that free 32GB LG microSD card in a few weeks perhaps.

Bernie McManus

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I got the G4 a few days ago.

It's my first 32gb phone. I looked at the storage stats, and saw that there's over 8gb under Miscellaneous, and when you go into that, it's 'System Data', but is greyed out.

View attachment 180429View attachment 180430

It's not a big deal so far as performance or memory goes, but it does seem odd that I have an extra 16gb of storage compared to my last phone, and half of it is unusable.

Is this normal? I did a factory reset and restore and it actually went form 7gb to 8gb.

Yeah this is ******* bull**** mine is 8gb phone i have fb and messenger installed and i only have 324mb left becuase of the misc

jhedzkie

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
it's not freaking normal at all. i have another 32gb device running on marshmallow and it only consumes like less than 2gb of memory. why is it that my g4 running lollipop takes like 4x over of the system data?