Why aren't my volume buttons working as shortcut keys any longer?

JM22508

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Volume buttons not working as shortcut keys any longer

My volume keys no longer work as shortcuts to the camera or Quick Memo. Has anyone else experienced this? As a matter of fact, using the buttons with the screen off/phone locked actually changes my ringer volume.

These worked correctly at one point. I've had my phone for a little over a week, so I've been changing settings around pretty frequently, but I can't think of anything I've done that would cause this (yes, I've made sure the shortcut key feature is on).

Thanks much!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Volume buttons not working as shortcut keys any longer

My volume keys no longer work as shortcuts to the camera or Quick Memo. Has anyone else experienced this? As a matter of fact, using the buttons with the screen off/phone locked actually changes my ringer volume.

These worked correctly at one point. I've had my phone for a little over a week, so I've been changing settings around pretty frequently, but I can't think of anything I've done that would cause this (yes, I've made sure the shortcut key feature is on).

Thanks much!

Do you have security on your phone (PIN, knock, pattern, etc...)? I think the shortcuts only work if you have security enabled. I might be wrong but it's worth a shot.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Do you have security on your phone (PIN, knock, pattern, etc...)? I think the shortcuts only work if you have security enabled. I might be wrong but it's worth a shot.

I only have swipe to unlock and my keys work fine. I am using Key Plus app though.

JM22508

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I suspected it had something to do with the lock screen since I recently changed from PIN to a knock pattern, but I know it's worked with both lock screen types enabled. I've tried using every lock type available, as well as no lock, but no change.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer