Screen Resolution Issue

Tim Y

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I just received the Verizon version of the G4 and noticed that everything is big in apps: text, icons, etc, kind of like the resolution is lower than the 2k this screen is capable of. However, when I checked dpi in adb, it's set to 640, which (I think) is what it should be.

Anyone else having this issue or know what could be causing it?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Could be a setting in accessibility that perhaps you checked by accident. Magnification or something to that effect?

Posted via the Android Central App

Tim Y

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any option in accessibility that would affect resolution. And I tried a factory reset to no avail. I also can't find anyone else who has had this issue. I am completely baffled right now.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any option in accessibility that would affect resolution. And I tried a factory reset to no avail. I also can't find anyone else who has had this issue. I am completely baffled right now.

Can you screenshot your issue that would be helpful?

Posted via the Android Central App

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Odd. I would have guessed the opposite. G4 on the left, G3 on the right. The status bar and icons are SMALLER on my G4 than they were on my G3.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It is your text size I believe. Go to display settings and font size. I just changed mine and it makes it look like yours.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you are running a custom ROM on the G3 that probably tweaked the DPI to make things appear smaller. Compared to a stock G3 though, the G4 actually has smaller UI elements and shows more stuff.

Tim Y

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you are running a custom ROM on the G3 that probably tweaked the DPI to make things appear smaller. Compared to a stock G3 though, the G4 actually has smaller UI elements and shows more stuff.

It is a custom ROM, so that could be a possibility. However, upon comparing a news article on the G4 to my old HTC One (M7), I saw the M7 with a much smaller screen fits more of the article on its screen, which can't possibly be the way it should be.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It is a custom ROM, so that could be a possibility. However, upon comparing a news article on the G4 to my old HTC One (M7), I saw the M7 with a much smaller screen fits more of the article on its screen, which can't possibly be the way it should be.

Can't really compare with the M7, as the resolution is not the same, and the way apps handle it may be different. I'd go to the store and compare with another G4.