Is the Verizon G4 touchscreen fixed?

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
If you had touch screen sensitivity, did the Verizon update cure it? Or did you find something else to solve it?
I bought a G4 outright on launch day & loved it except for the lag & freezing. It ruined the phone for me so I returned it before the 14 days were up. I want to own a G4 and would buy it again if I knew the lag/freezing is gone.

So I'd really like to know if you had the lag issue what you did to cure it. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I never had freezing /lag on the phone. I did have the bad touch screen responsiveness. Returned the phone for a new one cause I also had weird screen flickering and pretty awful battery life. But this one also had the screen touch issues. Ever since the update a few days ago the screen is much more responsive! Maybe a little too much! Ha!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm lucky or not overly critical but never really had any problems with the touch screen. The only noticeable thing was trying to touch really small hyperlinks, it might take 2 touches before it launched. After the update it appears to not be an issue.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I notice an improvement when typing on the stock keyboard, definitely feels more responsive. Overall it feels great, but after I got the update I did factory reset to give it a full chance to be awesome :p

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the sensitivity issue is improving. I really wanted to keep mine but was afraid a fix wouldn't come. I considered asking for a replacement but didn't want to end up with a refurbished G4. I went back to my trusty M7 and am anxiously waiting to see if I should try a G4 again.

I considered trying a S6 or a M9, but just couldn't get excited about them like I did the G4.

Posted via Android Central App

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I would head to the store and see if they have updated the OS on the display devices. It feels so much better.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Verizon will fix it after six months, they are busy messing other new unreleased phone with their crap currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non