will the phone work?

Tom Bachar

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
my mom is in the us right now and she wants to buy my the G4, the thing is I don't know if it will work in my country which is israel and by not working im mean sim wise and network. i dont really know about much about cellphones and neither does my mom and someone told her about buying the international version or to unlock it, anyway do you guys know what i should do ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To help you, we'd need to know a few things:
1) The network you intend to use it with (to figure out the frequencies it uses)
2) Which model is your mom trying to buy (to figure out which frequencies it supports and/or if it needs to be unlocked)

Basically, most US phones from carriers would need to be unlocked (Verizon, I believe, ships theirs unlocked though). What does 'unlocked' mean? That it can take a SIM card from a different company and work. If it's not unlocked, using a SIM from a different company will result in an error and the phone won't let you use it.

As for the frequencies, some models support different frequencies, and it depends on the ones your carrier uses in your country to figure out which one would work there. Most of the time, if you want to use it anywhere but the US, the best bet is the 'international version', which usually comes unlocked from factory and supports non-American channels.

Tom Bachar

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
To help you, we'd need to know a few things:
1) The network you intend to use it with (to figure out the frequencies it uses)
2) Which model is your mom trying to buy (to figure out which frequencies it supports and/or if it needs to be unlocked)

Basically, most US phones from carriers would need to be unlocked (Verizon, I believe, ships theirs unlocked though). What does 'unlocked' mean? That it can take a SIM card from a different company and work. If it's not unlocked, using a SIM from a different company will result in an error and the phone won't let you use it.

As for the frequencies, some models support different frequencies, and it depends on the ones your carrier uses in your country to figure out which one would work there. Most of the time, if you want to use it anywhere but the US, the best bet is the 'international version', which usually comes unlocked from factory and supports non-American channels.
thanks for the informative answer!
from what i have researched my network works on 850 and 2100
and i guess the is lg g4 32/64 gigs

off topic questiob, is the g4 dual better then the regular g4?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
From LG G4's there are still different models other than the amount of memory they have. The model number would help the best to determine the exact frequencies it supports.

It's not better overall, but it does support two SIMs at the same time, so the added functionality, I guess, does make the dual 'better'.

Tom Bachar

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
From LG G4's there are still different models other than the amount of memory they have. The model number would help the best to determine the exact frequencies it supports.

It's not better overall, but it does support two SIMs at the same time, so the added functionality, I guess, does make the dual 'better'.
by midel you mean H810,H811 etc..?
if not how can i find out the model

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not likely. Most US versions come from carriers and are modified for each one. They might support the same bands, but the model is different and some may have different supported frequencies.
This page might help, but you'd need to know the exact model number to be sure. Or can you ask here where is she trying to buy it? If it's from a carrier store, an online page, etc.? You CAN find the International version in the US from a certain sellers, mostly online.
LG G4 - Full phone specifications

Tom Bachar

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Not likely. Most US versions come from carriers and are modified for each one. They might support the same bands, but the model is different and some may have different supported frequencies.
This page might help, but you'd need to know the exact model number to be sure. Or can you ask here where is she trying to buy it? If it's from a carrier store, an online page, etc.? You CAN find the International version in the US from a certain sellers, mostly online.
ok so im pretty positive she intends to buy it from t mobile and these are the frequencies which they work on
GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850 (B5)
UMTS1700/2100 (B4), UMTS1900 (B2), UMTS2100 (B1)
LTE850 (B5), LTE1700/2100 (B4), LTE2600 (B7), LTE1800 (B3), LTE1900 (B2), LTE700 (B12)
and the frequency that my cellular network works on are 850 and 2100, so do they match?
and if so does that mean that i can buy the phone there bring it back here put my sim and it will work regularly?
edit
i saw that they match on umts 850 and 2100
and my network also works on lte 1800 which also good

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems, then, the phone would support the frequencies used by your carrier in Israel. Problem, however, comes when you insert a different SIM card than a T-Mobile one. Not sure if the phone she's buying is unlocked (most of the time, they're not, but if she's paying full price for it, T-Mobile should be able to unlock it, just remind your mom to check with them first, as sometimes, in order for the phone to be unlocked, they need to be used with a T-Mo SIM at least once).

If the phone is locked, using a SIM card other than a T-Mobile one will result in an error and the phone will not work.

Tom Bachar

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
It seems, then, the phone would support the frequencies used by your carrier in Israel. Problem, however, comes when you insert a different SIM card than a T-Mobile one. Not sure if the phone she's buying is unlocked (most of the time, they're not, but if she's paying full price for it, T-Mobile should be able to unlock it, just remind your mom to check with them first, as sometimes, in order for the phone to be unlocked, they need to be used with a T-Mo SIM at least once).

If the phone is locked, using a SIM card other than a T-Mobile one will result in an error and the phone will not work.
they told her it need to be in use for at least 45 days with a t mobile sim card so they could unlock it, is it possible?
if they'll have the international version she can buy that instead?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
they told her it need to be in use for at least 45 days with a t mobile sim card so they could unlock it, is it possible?
if they'll have the international version she can buy that instead?

It is possible to unlock (some websites will unlock it for a price even before the T-Mobile period), and they most certainly will NOT have the International version. T-Mobile only sells the T-Mobile model. Sorry.

How long is your mother going to be in the US? Because if she's still here for a while, she could find it online in the likes of eBay or Amazon and have it shipped to wherever she's staying (or you, and you can pay online).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non