Battery while on a trip.

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I was driving all over UP in Michigan and had a lot of no coverage to coverage places for Verizon and was only seldomly turning my phone on. I had my battery dead in 4 hours with like 30 minutes of screen on time. Anybody else get significant drain of battery from the G4 trying to find service?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When the phone doesn't have service it runs the transmitter at full power, so it's not surprising that it drained the battery fast. (Are there special models for Yupers, or do they just do without cellphones?)

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter what phone you have, if it struggles for coverage, or constantly switches, it will drain your battery.

Agree, all my phones have drained fast in bad coverage areas. That's the beauty of the replaceable battery with the LG while the sealed back phones will shut down unless they're on a charger.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
For those of us who don't know - me, for example - UP is Upper Peninsula. Pictures in a Google search show it to be a beautiful part of the world.

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah sorry us Michiganders forget sometimes. Yes the upper pennisula is like going back in time with nature.

Attachments

• 16198.jpg
    16198.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 17