Werid Picture Settings?

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a few weird things going on. But first a main question.

1. If I make a folder on my SD card named 'Pictures', how do I select this directory for the camera to place the pictures I take in this folder?

Now as for the weird problems.

2a. Fixed.
2b. If I exit the camera and go into a File Manager I have and view the images, they always are upside down, and when I turn the phone around it then changes to upside down again. I guess this is because my friend took the image with the phone flipped around? Anyway to fix this?
2c. Now if I go into ES File Manager and go to the images, I can't swipe them at all in any direction.

Now if I go into the Photos icon from Google, or the LG Gallery, everything swipes, isn't upside down or anything, it's perfect. But in both file managers I have issues..

I have these blocked..

Code:
APK File                                                              Package Name                                                          
---------------------------------------------------------------       ---------------------------------------------------------------       
BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk                                         com.android.backupconfirm                                             
base.apk                                                              com.lge.bioitplatform.sdservice.service                               
Books.apk                                                             com.google.android.apps.books                                         
Drive.apk                                                             com.google.android.apps.docs                                          
EditorsDocs.apk                                                       com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs                             
EditorsSheets.apk                                                     com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets                           
EditorsSlides.apk                                                     com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.slides                           
GCUV.apk                                                              com.lge.gcuv                                                          
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk                                         com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar                              
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk                                         com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts                              
Hangouts.apk                                                          com.google.android.talk                                               
LGAirDrive.apk                                                        com.lge.remote.lgairdrive                                             
LGAlarmClock.apk                                                      com.lge.clock                                                         
LGBackup.apk                                                          com.lge.bnr                                                           
LGBackupLauncher.apk                                                  com.lge.bnr.launcher                                                  
LGBrowser.apk                                                         com.android.browser                                                   
LGCalendar.apk                                                        com.android.calendar                                                  
LGCalendarProvider.apk                                                com.android.providers.calendar                                        
LGCb.apk                                                              com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver                                     
LGEasyHome.apk                                                        com.lge.easyhome                                                      
LGEmail.apk                                                           com.lge.email                                                         
LGExchange.apk                                                        com.lge.exchange                                                      
LGFileManager.apk                                                     com.lge.filemanager                                                   
LGMessage.apk                                                         com.android.mms                                                       
LGMusic.apk                                                           com.lge.music                                                         
LGMusicWidget.apk                                                     com.lge.sizechangable.musicwidget.widget                              
LGMyGuide.apk                                                         com.lge.doyouknow                                                     
LGPCSuite.apk                                                         com.lge.pcsyncui                                                      
LGPCSuiteService.apk                                                  com.lge.sync                                                          
LGSmartSharePush.apk                                                  com.lge.smartsharepush                                                
LGStartupwizard.apk                                                   com.android.LGSetupWizard                                             
LGTasksProvider.apk                                                   com.lge.task                                                          
LGUpdateCenter.apk                                                    com.lge.updatecenter                                                  
LGWeatherService.apk                                                  com.lge.sizechangable.weather.platform                                
Music2.apk                                                            com.google.android.music                                              
Newsstand.apk                                                         com.google.android.apps.magazines                                     
PlayGames.apk                                                         com.google.android.play.games                                         
QtiBackupAgent.apk                                                    com.qti.backupagent                                                   
SharedStorageBackup.apk                                               com.android.sharedstoragebackup                                       
SmartShare.apk                                                        com.lge.smartshare                                                    
SmartShareDLNA.apk                                                    com.lge.smartshare.dlna                                               
SmartShareProvider.apk                                                com.lge.smartshare.provider                                           
Videos.apk                                                            com.google.android.videos

I guess maybe LGFileManager.apk cloud be the issue but I don't see why I'd have 2 different issues, 1 in one file viewer, the other in another one, then Google Photos and LG Gallery works perfectly?? This doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
For problem 2a the only reason I can see that happening would be if you screen is locked while your using the camera. If it is it will only allow you to see the pictures you have just taken and nothing else without unlocking the screen. As for the rotation problem you could fix that it the stock gallery app or the Google photos app.

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry just read it a little slower. The circle which shows your pictures works with the stock gallery app which you've uninstalled. That would be why you can't scroll through pics.

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I unblocked the LG Gallery, and the default circle thing works now. But I have the 2 file viewer issues, 1 with upside down images, the other with no swiping (ES).

Both the Google and LG apps work fine though, but these file managers... I don't know.

And I still need to find out how to make my camera place images into my Pictures folder on my SD card.

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
In your camera app go into the settings(gear at top left screen) and its the first icon in the drop down menu. Select that and it will change it from internal memory to SD card. I also had both file explorers installed and I found that es was not working all that great so I uninstalled it and stick with the stock manager and its been working fine. Maybe try using only one.

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I put my SD in and told it to save to the SD, but it saved it in, DCIM\Camera. I want it to save into Media\Pictures. Then it just threw the DNG in the root of the SD card, be nice to make a folder Media\Picutres\DNG it could put those.

How can I make this happen?

I know I can make a new album on the SD card from the gallery, but not sure exactly that will do?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I put my SD in and told it to save to the SD, but it saved it in, DCIM\Camera. I want it to save into Media\Pictures. Then it just threw the DNG in the root of the SD card, be nice to make a folder Media\Picutres\DNG it could put those.

How can I make this happen?

I know I can make a new album on the SD card from the gallery, but not sure exactly that will do?

You cannot change the directory that the photos are saved to. Pick the drive or card, yes; the directory, no. The directory structure is part of the camera standard all the camera makers follow.

For your file viewers showing the photos upside-down, this is because the file viewers are not image viewers and they are ignoring the EXIF data in the image that tells which side of the image is the top. You can use a photo editor to rotate the image so that all apps see it correctly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel