Root VX10b-EUR-XX

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Did xposed slow it down at all?

UPDATE: I am actually seeing some lag here and there, mostly with the notification pull down menu.
I have a longer boot time now when before rooting and xposing I only had a 1 minute boot time.
I will keep you guys posted, it could just be an xposed module causing it to be sluggish.

UPDATE: The notification lag seemed to have gone away or was my error. Still a longer boot time.

Last edited:

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Use the Low Effort Tool, if your image file is there then you are all good.
This is the video I ended up using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdEbhWWQ4NM
This is another one but he doesn't do that good of a job with the details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZM-zTi3eAA

Pay attention to the instructions where it says to go to the other page and do 1,2,3,6,7,8, and 9! Notice there is no 4 and 5.
People are getting boot loops and security errors because they are doing steps 4 and 5.
You will have a rooted G4 in no time at all once you know what to do.

I think I understand it, but I have a question. I am on H81010l and I've downloaded the rooted system image. What changes do I need to make to the instructiuons to successfully flash it?

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I am actually seeing some lag here and there, mostly with the notification pull down menu.
I have a longer boot time now when before rooting and xposing I only had a 1 minute boot time.
I will keep you guys posted, it could just be an xposed module causing it to be sluggish.
I haven't flashed Xposed yet, as I have seen a few people report weird issues a few days later. Now, that could be a wonky module and not Xposed itself.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I think I understand it, but I have a question. I am on H81010l and I've downloaded the rooted system image. What changes do I need to make to the instructiuons to successfully flash it?
The easiest way to root is to just follow #3 here.
Root ANY LG G4 Variant 100% Success Directiv… | LG G4 | XDA Forums
Make sure your rooted system image is called "rootedsystem.img", and it's in the main directory of your INTERNAL STORAGE.
Safety first: MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT FLASH STRING FOR YOUR MODEL NUMBER, OR YOU WILL FLASH THE IMAGE TO THE WRONG PART OF THE PARTITION, AND YOU WILL COMPLETELY HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE. DEAD. NO COMING BACK.

That sounds scary, but just copy/paste the entire string FROM YOUR MODEL, and you will be fine. :)

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Make no changes and just follow the instructions and paste the correct commands and all will be good.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way to root is to just follow #3 here.
Root ANY LG G4 Variant 100% Success Directiv… | LG G4 | XDA Forums
Make sure your rooted system image is called "rootedsystem.img", and it's in the main directory of your INTERNAL STORAGE.
Safety first: MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT FLASH STRING FOR YOUR MODEL NUMBER, OR YOU WILL FLASH THE IMAGE TO THE WRONG PART OF THE PARTITION, AND YOU WILL COMPLETELY HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE. DEAD. NO COMING BACK.

That sounds scary, but just copy/paste the entire string FROM YOUR MODEL, and you will be fine. :)

That's not really the easiest way, that's incase they don't have the rooted system image already.
The Low Effort Tool is the easiest way for sure, other than it not being a one click.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
If they already have a rooted system image, then this is easy. Ignore the rest, and just do step 3, which is the flashing of the image. :)

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay. If my command string is:dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.h81010g.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=579584 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 and my rooted system image is:rooted10Isystem, do I need to change the ....rooted.h81010g to rooted.h81010l or change the rooted10lsystem to rooted10gsystem or neither?

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay. If my command string is:dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.h81010g.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=579584 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 and my rooted system image is:rooted10Isystem, do I need to change the ....rooted.h81010g to rooted.h81010l or change the rooted10lsystem to rooted10gsystem or neither?

You need to change the name in the command string to match the name of the image you are flashing. They have to match, because that's the name you are telling it to flash.

If they don't match, it won't flash anything. You will know if it doesn't work, because you will get the # prompt immediately after entering the command, instead of the normal 5-10 mins.

I just use "rootedsystem.img" myself. Then I can flash back to stock with "system.img"

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to be a bother, but I can't get it to work. I get to the # and it just sits there. In the above example. can you show me exactly how the command line should look when changed?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to be a bother, but I can't get it to work. I get to the # and it just sits there. In the above example. can you show me exactly how the command line should look when changed?

So you are on stock unrooted 81010l? You have the rooted image for 10l on your internal storage? You do ports.bat, use the send command, and then type the dd command next to the #? What happens after that?

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

The instructions are in the post above.

When the flash is done, you get the #, and that's it. There is no indication that it was successful or not. Just type "LEAVE" to reboot.
Also, make sure the name in the command string matches the name of the rooted image.

Rename the rooted image to rootedsystem.img, copy it to your internal SD in the main folder, then copy/paste the correct string from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62028523&postcount=2

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The # sign appears immediately.

If the # sign appears immediately, it's not doing anything. After you paste in the dd command and hit enter, it should be 2-10 minutes before the # appears again. The time can vary greatly. My Sprint phone executes the dd command in under 2 minutes.

The name of the image has to match exactly.

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I went in and changed the name on the download to "rootedsystem.img" and put it on my device (not in any folder). If I change the command line to read "dd if=/data/media/0/system.rootedsystem.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=579584 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0" and run it, if nothing happens then I can assume I have a bad download?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I went in and changed the name on the download to "rootedsystem.img" and put it on my device (not in any folder). If I change the command line to read "dd if=/data/media/0/system.rootedsystem.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=579584 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0" and run it, if nothing happens then I can assume I have a bad download?

No, if you named the image rooted system.img then that's the name you use. Don't put system. in front of it.

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Tried it again and got the same result. The file name shows as rootedsystem.img. However, when I right cliock and look at properties for the file it shows original file name as rootedsystem.img.img. Would this have anything to do with my problem?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana