Echo on Verizon: what's that mean?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes experience heavy echo.

Often, it's when I call my mom's verizon land-line; her cordless phone is connected to a medical alert "fallen-can't-get-up" device so I kind assumed it was related to that.

Recently, however, I've had sporadic echo talking to other users.

What causes that?

Just now I turned off noise suppression and turned on call clarity enhancement.

However, it occurs to me that since I have another LG G4 on my account and also a samsung, I should do some comparisons between the phones to make sure it's not my phone.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Tumultus

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Make sure that those other people don't put you on loudspeaker. Many people do that without asking permission and, because of the volume, you can hear yourself (echo). Your mother's medical alert system will probably cause a lot of interference. My friend's mother has one of those and, whenever someone calls her, calls are either fading in / out or lots of static and echo.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Every once in a while I get an echo on my Verizon G4. However, It has happened on other Verizon phones I have owned and does not matter if I call a landline or other mobile phone. I think its a network issue but is very infrequent for me.

David

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I have Verizon and I've been experiencing this as well even has my brand new note 5 replaced it's something with there network rly wish I new it's annoying as **** and only happens sometime I turned on HD calling even though I have HD calling helps a bit but still there some times

Posted via the Android Central App

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I get it but have narrowed down it is always the same numbers. Drove me nuts but I now feel it is something my phone doesn't like about their line/number

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Same here I always does it with my fiance's number we've got our phones replacing everything so irritating sometimes it's really minimal and some days so bad I hang up I don't get it

Posted via the Android Central App

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
On a whim, I cleared the phone app's cache and all of a sudden, no echo when I called my mom's landline. I was so excited and was pretty certain I solved it. It was great for like 5 calls, but then the echo came back. Prior to my experiment, it literally was every call. So odd.

Mike

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't hear an echo but I do hear a hiss when there is any sound coming from the other end. I have had this on all my Verizon smart phones. I first noticed this with an HTC Rezound that I exchanged and the new one did same thing, then an HTC ONE and has continued through to the G4. If I make a call with hangouts there is no hiss, so I just think it's a Verizon thing.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
This might be relevant:

"Warning: In some situations Voice Clarity or Noise Suppression can cause you to hear an echo or experience other sound issues when making calls. These features (disabled by default) were not meant to be used on a permanent basis, so don't forget to turn them off when not needed."

I just turned off both in call settings and didn't get an echo.

Note: I recently had an echo experience when calling someone else on a land-line. Maybe it's a land-line thing. Most of my calls are to cells so that may have confused my earlier observations that it was only with my mom's land line.