Samsung messages RCS on Verizon

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I see that the samsung messages app shows support for chat features now on Verizon so my wife and I decided to go back to it since we used the chat features primarily for our chat. However even though it shows it's turned on it doesn't work. I don't get typing indicators or read receipts. I've cleared the cache and storage from the app. Does it take a while for it to fully authenticate and turn on?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Verizon possible didn't turn on from their end , they had this issue in past not sure it's been addressed by them , your on unlocked version or carrier the device?

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried the stock samsung message app?you can use Google message app as Samsung eventually going to it and has RCS
This is with the stock samsung messages app. RCS works in Google messages but my wife likes the samsung app better and I wanted RCS to work between us. So I am using the stock samsung app and get the notification that Chat features are now on samsung messages when launching the app and they are all on in settings for both of us. But no read indicators or typing indicators. I checked with Verizon and they said RCS is enabled I need to check with Samsung.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is with the stock samsung messages app. RCS works in Google messages but my wife likes the samsung app better and I wanted RCS to work between us. So I am using the stock samsung app and get the notification that Chat features are now on samsung messages when launching the app and they are all on in settings for both of us. But no read indicators or typing indicators. I checked with Verizon and they said RCS is enabled I need to check with Samsung.
Samsung probably going push u to verizon because they are the ones responsible to enable . You can try clearing data then force stop the message app or try verizon messages plus app otherwise verizon didn't enable it yet.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Not going to use verizon messages plus app. I talked to verizon and they said it was enabled so they lied I guess or there is something else going on. I cleared the cache and data from the app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not going to use verizon messages plus app. I talked to verizon and they said it was enabled so they lied I guess or there is something else going on. I cleared the cache and data from the app.
I remember this being a issue on previous samsung phones , Im not sure they fixed it for verizon, going forward probably by next year or 2 tops we all going be using googles app as they collaborated together

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

Just a thought, but are you using a beta version of Google Messages? From what I read, Samsung will use Google's RCS services to achieve this, so I would think one will need to have carrier services and Google Messages installed, and if there's anything funky going on with the Messages/carrier services side of things, Samsung Messaging app would have issues.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I am not using google messages at all right now. The other weird thing is it doesn't work between my wife and I. But we both have chat features working for her dad and sister in our samsung messages app. So it is working in some form just not between the two of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo