Buying my first ever Android: can I transfer my text messages and iMessages over from my iPhone?

A

AC Question

Buying my first ever Android

After always using iPhones I'm finally making the switch over to Android.
I'm most likely going to get a LG G4 to replace my iPhone 6 Plus but my main issue is I'm unsure how I can transfer my data from my iPhone to the LG ?

I'm most concerned about if I can copy my text messages and iMessages over so they will be on the new phone.

Is this possible ?

Sicness113

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Buying my first ever Android

LG V10 just came out.
and im not sure about the transfer stuff lol.
I know there is 3rd party apps that you can back up your messages to.

ngc1967

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site

I want to do the same thing (I have just moved over from an iPhone 4 to Android)

I want to transfer my contacts over but I also want to transfer all my text messages.

I have made a few Google searches and there are a lot of 3rd party sites/apps that can do that for you BUT the ones I have seen want to charge you.

Is there any 'Free' software out there that will let you do this?

Some of the third party sites say it is free and then you find it is only a demo of what it can do or will only let you transfer 5 contacts or messages etc!

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Excellent question! I hope folks can chime in on this one. Might be worth an article on AC :cool:

Now Google, where's that 'Switch to Android' app in the Apple App Store? Oh wait ~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non