Stuttering (lag) from my LG G4

trans1e

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello there! About a week ago I bought a brand new LG G4. At first I felt in love with it. I mean look at the camera- isn't she lovely? And the screen for example. Awesome colors and view angles. I thought that was my best phone I've ever had. But recently I downloaded a game from the Play Store. And it's not even from these "heavy" games. I noticed stuttering and kind of freezing from time on time. Anyways, I decided to download another game and the results were almost the same- no freezing but a lot of awful stuttering... I know this isn't normal for such a phone right? Can someone help me, and advice me what should I do? Thank you in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which games were they? Were you connected to the web while playing the games? Some games may try to access the web, even if they don't need it for the actual gameplay--e.g., they might be accessing an ad network. If the web connection is off, that might cause some hiccups.

Also, check to see if you have any "RAM cleaner" or "task killer" apps turned on. If so, turn them off or uninstall them--Android doesn't need them, and they can be counterproductive.

trans1e

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello and thank you for replying. So the game which stutter and freezes is 8 ball pool which I can't play without internet. The second one is CarX Drift Racing which do no not need internet to be played. I don't have any RAM cleaner or task killer apps on my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's only those two games, and everything else works at full speed (try play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark or play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard (don't compare the two - they use different standards - compare your phone to each app's number for the standard G4), I'd suspect the apps are poorly written. (Porting an app from, say, iOS, to Android can leave some things less than optimum - iOS works more like Windows, and doing some of the things an app does in that environment can cause problems in Android, and vice-versa). Try some of the free heavy duty games on the Play Store and see if all of them stutter, or if some really busy ones work. (That would also point to the particular apps as the cause.)

trans1e

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I ran the AnTuTu benchmark test, and the 3D test was really bad... I mean it was running like 10-15 FPS, It was stuttering and freezing exactly like in these two games.... And also i want to say that, a friend of mine has a phone which is not even close to my G4 (im talking about RAM, Processor, GPU etc.) and he runs both games smoothly with no freezes or stuttering...

Silens

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I ran the AnTuTu benchmark test, and the 3D test was really bad... I mean it was running like 10-15 FPS, It was stuttering and freezing exactly like in these two games.... And also i want to say that, a friend of mine has a phone which is not even close to my G4 (im talking about RAM, Processor, GPU etc.) and he runs both games smoothly with no freezes or stuttering...
Adreno 418 and high resolution are not game friendly. I had better results with 2014 flagships.

trans1e

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Man, i know it's my phone but I asked if I could fix it... Can you please try CarX Drift Racing, when you start to drifting (sliding) and when the smoke comes out, does it stutter?

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Man, i know it's my phone but I asked if I could fix it... Can you please try CarX Drift Racing, when you start to drifting (sliding) and when the smoke comes out, does it stutter?

I believe he was implying that there is no fix and you would need to have it replaced

Try a complete reset, if you haven't. If that doesn't fix it, then you'll need a replacement. And I'm guessing a replacement is what you need.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another good test would be to uninstall all apps (or do a factory reset, then go immediately to the Play Store and prevent any app from reinstalling), then install one of the games and see if it's still choppy. If it isn't, that would mean that some other 3rd party app you installed was causing the problem.

trans1e

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Another good test would be to uninstall all apps (or do a factory reset, then go immediately to the Play Store and prevent any app from reinstalling), then install one of the games and see if it's still choppy. If it isn't, that would mean that some other 3rd party app you installed was causing the problem.

And how can I do factory reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo