Anyone thinking about getting G5?

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
If so, why? What would it take for you to make the jump vs what the G4 offers?

My point would be camera. If its better, im all in again. Everything else is jusy gravy. Yeah, i know a 2 day battery would be ideal, but doesnt seem.realisitc. So i guess the question is what realistic/rumored upgrades would it take?

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got my G4 in December, so the 5 would need to be jaw-dropping amazing before I moved on. Don't see that happening. ☺️

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If I still had the G4 ( which I only got rid of because I changed carriers and the V10 became an option) I would be looking at the G5 but probably wouldn't get it because of the 5.3" screen size.

Dutch R

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
As tourbound noted, the screen size is a bit small. Have had the G4 since September and cannot see myself moving on until the second version of V10 - depending on specs and functionality.

Posted via the Android Central App

cdubb1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
If so, why? What would it take for you to make the jump vs what the G4 offers?

My point would be camera. If its better, im all in again. Everything else is jusy gravy. Yeah, i know a 2 day battery would be ideal, but doesnt seem.realisitc. So i guess the question is what realistic/rumored upgrades would it take?
2 day battery should be realistic.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep I'm definitely upgrading and looking at the G5 as first option, though the loss of the back buttons mean that instead of going straight for the G5 I'll look at some other models too.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't even know what the G5 has! Still happy with the G4, as with most new phone iterations, I'm assuming there isn't a big enough improvement to trade up. Yet.

Can't wait to see it unveiled though!

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but No thanks 😃
I have my G4 for 9 months now and its running super duper. No problems at all. Best phone ever had 👍
I will definitely keep it until my 2 year contract and warranty expires

Posted from my LG G4

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
So i should ad, as simple as it seems, a front facing speaker.would be great as well. I still don't understand the concept of forward facing screen and sound directed opposite way. And if you hold the phone with a grip you cover it as well.

2 day batteries....sure, it SHOULD have them, and yes, technology is going there, but LG has never really used any type of battery life as a selling point, so i don't expect it here. They are content with offering an extra battery, which isnt a bad alternative.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
2 day batteries....sure, it SHOULD have them, and yes, technology is going there, but LG has never really used any type of battery life as a selling point, so i don't expect it here. They are content with offering an extra battery, which isnt a bad alternative.

They did with the G2. I could go 36+ hrs with 6+ hrs SOT. I'd only consider the G5 if battery life was significantly improved from G3 and G4 and they kept the back buttons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non