Preventing incoming calls while on a telephone deposition

johnhpower

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I have the s22 Plus. I am a lawyer and we are doing more and more telephone depositions where we instruct the witness to call our phone number on a particular day and at a particular time. There are frequently court reporters present to take down the question and answer session and what I want to avoid is having another call come in and interrupt the deposition process. I would guess there might be some way to just reject the call by pressing an icon on the phone but I wanted to know if there was a way to just prevent any calls from even coming in while the deposition is going on.

I suppose there might be several ways to do this but is there a menu selection that I can activate after the deposition starts to divert all incoming calls directly to voicemail so I can conduct an uninterrupted deposition until I cancel that situation after the deposition is over.

I guess I could not do that until after the deponent actually called otherwise their call would be directed to voicemail so any suggestions on the best way to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks

aa6vh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Check with your phone's service provider (AT&T, Verison, whatever). There usually is a way to temporarily disable call waiting.

Reactions: B. Diddy

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
On a Samsung, while in the Phone app (just bring it up, you don't need to call anyone), tap the 3 dots in the upper right > tap "Settings" > scroll down a bit to "Supplementary services" > you'll wait a few seconds while the phone verifies the services you have, then you should see "Call waiting" and the on/off switch next to it.

This should work with any carrier actually.

Once you are done with your call, go through the same process to turn back on.

On AT&T, there may be a code you can type in before typing in the phone number you're calling (like was given for T-Mobile above), but everything I look at for AT&T seems to only be related to land-line phones. Plus, I believe it only works if you are the one making an outgoing call. I don't think it works for incoming calls.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
On a Samsung, while in the Phone app (just bring it up, you don't need to call anyone), tap the 3 dots in the upper right > tap "Settings" > scroll down a bit to "Supplementary services" > you'll wait a few seconds while the phone verifies the services you have, then you should see "Call waiting" and the on/off switch next to it.

This should work with any carrier actually.

Once you are done with your call, go through the same process to turn back on.

On AT&T, there may be a code you can type in before typing in the phone number you're calling (like was given for T-Mobile above), but everything I look at for AT&T seems to only be related to land-line phones. Plus, I believe it only works if you are the one making an outgoing call. I don't think it works for incoming calls.
This got my curiosity as I've never seen this option. I went to check it out and it's not on my phone.

I have unlocked S23U hooked to Verizon. Very well could be because it's Verizon, don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201