Where did I bring a G4 for cosmetic repair

initiateofgol

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Or rather, where do I? Preferably someone authorized. I dropped my unprotected G4 on the sidewalk. There is a dent in the left hand corner of the black rectangular outer band that surrounds the entire screen. Everything else is fine. Is it possible to replace this outer band only? The front and screen are perfect. The back battery cover (metallic grey) is perfect. Only this debt in the separate band flaws the G4 perfection.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Or rather, where do I? Preferably someone authorized. I dropped my unprotected G4 on the sidewalk. There is a dent in the left hand corner of the black rectangular outer band that surrounds the entire screen. Everything else is fine. Is it possible to replace this outer band only? The front and screen are perfect. The back battery cover (metallic grey) is perfect. Only this debt in the separate band flaws the G4 perfection.

The middle bezel needs to be replaced. Not easy to do - the motherboard and all other components have to be removed. Any good repair shop can do it. Doesn't have to be authorized service unless warranty is an issue.

Free SHIP for LG G4 H815 VS986 Original Mid Housing Chassis Bezel Tool ZVHR290 | eBay

initiateofgol

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for this answer and information, and for the link. This is more than I've learned anywhere else. So then it's not easy to replace the middle bezel (I finally know what it's called) but it can be done by a good repair shop. The difficulty will be in finding a good repair shop. Are there authorized LG mobile phone repairers, if I wanted to go that route? Whenever I do a search for authorized LG repair it tends to be for their televisions.

Where do replacement LG G4 middle bezel come from? Are they from other LG G4s that have been dismantled for parts? Or is someone, not LG, producing replacement components?

initiateofgol

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Should I order the part in eBay and have it with me in advance of going to a repair shop?

Semi-relatedly I assume I will be without the G4 for a while so I thought I would pick up an LG K7 as a back up phone and put in my SIM card.

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't mean to be out of line, but you sure you want to go through that expense and risk? I understand wanting to keep your phone like new, but you might want to consider a $3 bumper and live with it.

initiateofgol

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Allen, you're not being out of line and it's a good question. I did look at cases that would both cover the two areas of former damage and prevent further potential damage. However the obsessive perfectionist in me keeps coming back to the idea of repair: what I now know would be middle bezel replacement.

You mention risk. What risk do you think is involved in this repair and would an authorized LG repair, if I could find that, eliminate the risk? I live in New York City and there are cell phone repair shops everywhere, but I've not yet found one where I would feel comfortable leaving my device.

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
A post above said this is not an easy task. So you risk having a nice looking phone that doesn't work exactly right. Even people who get something 'easy', like a screen replacement, sometimes say it doesn't work the same as the original.

I would weigh that risk against just covering up the edges

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo