LG G4 screen intermittently does not turn on, or turns on to a weird color scheme

A

AC Question

So this has been going on for a while, but it only happened twice previously. Both times, the screen turned on with a reversed contrast, and then my reaction is to turn the screen off and back on. It wouldn't turn back on for a while, until after about 2 minutes if I remember correctly. When the screen is supposed to be on and isn't, and I hold the power button down, it vibrates as it usually does when it shows the power menu, even when the screen isn't working, so it is definitely just the screen or the display and not the system itself.

This time, however, the same thing happened. Except the issue is lasting much longer. Once in a while, the screen does turn on. But usually, it won't. I tried restarting the phone during one of the times that it did turn on. Is it just "getting old", or is the screen ribbon loose or something? I have not dealt with phone or tablet hardware myself yet, so I don't trust myself on it. I do computers.

Also, I should note that about a month ago I reset the phone because of another issue where images turn black when I transfer them to my PC. Since the issue happened before that once and after that (This is the second time in a month), Resetting can't be the solution.

As I am typing this, I also tried Safe Mode. It immediately has the same issue still, this time once turning back on very dim, once turning one with a yellow-ish color, and then not turning back on at all (currently). Oh, nope, it just turned on now. But this is what I mean. Now is the first time that it doesn't work more often than it does.

Any ideas? Do I need to go to a repair shop?

This phone is in perfect condition physically, with an Otterbox Defender Case protecting it all of it's life. It's been repaired by LG for the bootloop, and again for disconnecting the rear camera as a result of the first repair, about a year ago.

Rocketman16

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Also, I don't see a way to get notified if I got an answer here, because I didn't post it while logged in...So hopefully my posting an answer now will make it so that I am following this thread.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred