LG G4 Won't Turn On - Can I Get Photos?

A

AC Question

LG G4 Won't Turn On - Can I Get Photos

My LG G4 was working fine yesterday morning but in the afternoon it turned off and won't turn back on. I have tried factory resets (holding Vol Up+Vol Down+Power or Vol Down+Power) but that does nothing. Occasionally the phone will look like it is going to power on but gets stuck at the LG boot screen. I've pulled out the battery and cleaned the connections but nothing helps. Verizon is going to replace my phone but I am trying to determine if there is a way to pull photos off of the current phone despite this issue? I do not have a micro SD card. Any help would be appreciated. Invaluable photos!

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Won't Turn On - Can I Get Photos

If you plug it into the computer is it recognized? If it is, you should be able to get to those files on the computer.

EveMS

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Every time that I have tried plugging it into my computer (various levels of "powering on - boot screen, black screen, etc) it has not recognized it.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

Sounds like a bad phone there's been bricking issues lately with it

I think they are gone :(

Get an SD card and make sure it's set as default cam storage just in case it happens on new one

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

Have you tried a different cord? And Safe mode?

Safe mode details here from Verizon wireless and see if a bad app is actually causing this

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

Link is showing up weird so here's a screenie of the Verizon Support Article

Attachments

• 1457230630138.jpg
    1457230630138.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 23

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

If this is related to the known boot loop issue, you could try putting it in the freezer for about 15 min before turning it on. Not sure if you're having the same problem, so this trick may not work. If it does, leave it there while doing backups to keep the phone from heating up. Good luck.

hii buch

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site

hi i have an LG stylus 2 and the screen is all black and i want to know if my pictures still there even though when i plugged the device into my computer it said that there is no videos and no pictures nothing showed up so can you pls answer me and if there is any way to delete py pictures of they still there and how can i make sure that they are not there

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

For me, this is why Google Photo's is a must have app. It backs up every picture on my phone and computer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

hi i have an LG stylus 2 and the screen is all black and i want to know if my pictures still there even though when i plugged the device into my computer it said that there is no videos and no pictures nothing showed up so can you pls answer me and if there is any way to delete py pictures of they still there and how can i make sure that they are not there

Welcome to Android Central! If the phone has a screenlock, then the computer won't be able to see files on the phone until after it's been unlocked. Try this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...de-accessing-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RegDarwin