No sound from earphone jack?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you get sound from BT earphones? How about if you connect it to an audio system through an AUX input? If the first one works but not the second, your headphone jack might be damaged/disconnected. If the second works, maybe your headphones are damaged or have the wrong impedance (some phones don't like extra-long cables or poor-quality ones).

If yo don't get sound from BT earphones, then it might be something wrong with audio processing in general.

Have you tried checking if you get sound in Safe Mode? If you do, then it's an app or a glitch in the system that's keeping the audio from being sent out.

And lastly I'd test if the phone detects the earphones. Usually, if you're playing audio through the speakers and then connect earphones, audio should stop on the speakers or at least see a change in volume level (to protect your ears from lound sudden sounds).

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
the G4 speaker works fine. Plugged my earphones into a iPad, that works fine. Just nothing out of the G4 jack.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And the phone doesn't 'detect' the earphones? I'd try the Safe Mode test and maybe AUX, but it looks like your audio jack might be defective.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This from the Verizon site, but it should be the same on any G4.
Press and hold the Power button (located on the back) until Phone options is displayed then release.
Select and hold Power off until Restart in safe mode is displayed.
From the Reboot to safe mode prompt, tap Turn on safe. This restart process may take up to one minute to complete.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Try alcohol on the 3.5mm jack, with the battery removed. Dip the 3.5mm in alcohol and insert.

Not sure if you are serious or not lol

But it sounds like the port is broken if it's not covered by a case port cover anything can happen to it but unless you seek replacement or support from LG I guess you could use Bluetooth and phone speaker exclusively

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if you are serious or not lol

But it sounds like the port is broken if it's not covered by a case port cover anything can happen to it but unless you seek replacement or support from LG I guess you could use Bluetooth and phone speaker exclusively

Yup but people usually want to try something even if unlikely it will work. The alcohol method better for a bad connection. But who knows maybe it could work. Of course the alcohol has to dry and I wouldn't use the regular 70% stuff.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I get nothing from the 3.5mm jack. solution?

If your carrier or LG won't help unless you pay, then you can repair it yourself (or pay someone else). The G4 is easy to repair compared to most phones. No solder joints & only 2 tools required to replace jack (#00 phillips & wooden pry tool, can buy from ifixit)
Ifixit.com has instructions for most repairs & a teardown. link - https://www.ifixit.com/Device/LG_G4
I would guess that Youtube also has a video.

CaptainRafe

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I have same problem. Try app store app SoundAbout to force use of headphones. Mine works fine this way but not without use of app. Not perfect, but it works.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38