Using cell phone to call a number when a contact is closed via the earphone jack

Darryl Gilbert

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
I need to monitor a switch closure. When switch closes i need for cell phone #1 to call cell phone #2 with a text message. The switch can be monitored via the earphone jack
Thank you

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

I'm not even sure what you're looking for is possible but if it is the only way I can think of it working would be an app like Tasker. I don't know if any other automation app, Bixby or Android Assistant profile can but Tasker can be activated by a multitude of actions and then can do things like send texts, and I'm not sure if it still can but I think it used to be able to make calls, but texts 100% for sure.

What types of phones are these? If you have the ability to make calls with both devices could you not set up a Duo call where you can look at and watch whatever? Just something simple to think about.

To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Last edited by a moderator:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Look up pressy. I had a knockoff one just to play with. No idea if their software will still work even if you can find one for sale or if it could actually do what you want, but it's probably your best bet.

Darryl Gilbert

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
Still looking for an App that will do what i want. Got in touch with TASKER and although it can do many things It cannot do what I want. My phone has an earphone jack, (is also Android) as do many others. All I am looking for is when i press a N.O. push button (which would be connected to the earphone plug) or like 1 second the phone would call a predetermined number and send a simple text message and hang up. Do not want any Bluetooth crap, want hard wired for reliability, must work every time, not any hit or miss stuff.. Possibly even use the USB port where the charger connects. So far have found nothing that can do the task.
Thank you
Darryl...