Still Haven't Gone Marshmallow..

Adam_Guzmann

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm still rocking Lollipop cause it's doing everything I need and running very smoothly. At this point, is it worth it yet to update? My dad has it, but he installed it fresh on his new G4, I've had mine for a bit.

Have they released any patches for Marshmallow get that I'll get after I install it? I'm mostly afraid of the battery problems people talked about.

Posted via my LG G4

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
How are you blocking the update? I tried on mine but it pestered me so much I gave in. Sorry I did, turned the phone to garbage, I'm done with it now, hate it...will be looking at the Note 6 when it comes out.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm still rocking Lollipop cause it's doing everything I need and running very smoothly. At this point, is it worth it yet to update? My dad has it, but he installed it fresh on his new G4, I've had mine for a bit.

Have they released any patches for Marshmallow get that I'll get after I install it? I'm mostly afraid of the battery problems people talked about.

Posted via my LG G4

Short answer - no
last update for me was March 24, I am on 25A
Personally, I think MM (6.0) is great. I am a light user(old, retired with lots of time on my hands) great battery life - per Gsam the stats "averages per complete charge" is battery life - 3 days 20 hours & screen on - 6 hrs 15 min.
Now I am still on 100% usage 4 hrs & screen on 45 min.

Yes there are some issues (for me just minor) but plus side is that you can change app permissions & the doze feature while phone is just sitting.
I think most problems are caused by apps not updated to run on MM (especially doze) or app permissions were changed or denied during the update. The only problem I have now is screenshots; Textra cured my texting issues, changing permissions cured all other issues.